As the Search Experience Product manager you will define how consumers of Disney's streaming services (Disney+, Hulu, Star and more) can find the best content that our subscription services have to offer. You will lead and bring a vision for Disney's Search Experience to life, leading the global search experience strategy for consumer search, worldwide. Working closely with Design, AI/ML, Engineering and Product partners you will develop a holistic experience across all platforms, from the web to our mobile apps to living room devices. This area is growing significantly and you'll help define the future of how users find great content tailored to them no matter where they are in the world, but inside and outside of the search box.
What you'll do
• Collaborate with your teammates to define a bold future vision for the search experience across Disney's streaming services
• Lead and evolve the search experience roadmap, working closely with engineering, product, user experience, and other stakeholders
• Think globally, defining the best possible search experience for each of our customers worldwide
• Work with content metadata and personalization teams to ensure we have the right data to serve subscribers the right results at the right time
What you'll bring
• You have at least 5 years of consumer-facing product management experience
• You have experience building cross-functional partnerships and working with product, design, marketing, and engineering organizations
• You have the ability to understand the value of an effort and prioritize it accordingly on a roadmap
• You have excellent written and oral communication skills
• You're an analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
• You have the ability to make quick decisions to tackle complex technical and operational challenges
• You put focus on supporting team interaction, boosting motivation, and appreciating contributions
• You're familiar with working on projects with distributed teams, making use of technology and process to overcome the challenges of working with remote staff
When faced with limits and ambiguity, you become more-not less-creative. You advocate for our subscribers and bring an understanding of business and technology that informs product and design strategy and delivery. You are a maker who lives to deliver impactful design solutions and who insists on the highest standards at the system and feature level. You approach design challenges holistically and create elegantly simple solutions to complex problems.
From the perspective of our subscribers, you'll help us challenge the current boundaries of the product experience, looking closely at how we can push the user experience further. How does the user experience, underlying logic, search algorithms, and tooling all fit together? You'll define strategies and features that will bring this vision to life, then work with cross-functional partners to execute against it.
You should be familiar with solving complex consumer-facing search problems, building well-reasoned strategies and roadmaps, and executing on those plans. You will need those skills to build phenomenal products for our customers by constantly improving our search experience while keeping pace with our rapidly growing catalog. As the Senior Product Manager of Search Experience you will work with cross-functional teams across design, engineering, research, product, analytics, and more to deliver an exceptional search experience for a broad (and growing) worldwide audience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj86ze-3-235-184-215-42 in your application.