Creating a unique and relevant experience for each and every user is fundamental to Disney magic. We aim to tailor our products for every user, quickly connecting them to content they'll love. This process is both art and science, relying on authoritative content expertise, algorithmic machine learning, and rapid experimentation. The work we do has huge scope-- Disney Streaming enables experiences for 140+ million subscribers across Disney+, Hulu, Star+ and ESPN+. And we're not done growing.
Scaling our platforms, unlocking innovation and driving efficiencies with our APIs are key objectives for this role. We are looking for someone who has managed and scaled API products in a highly cross-functional environment. This position will champion the voice of our API consumers.
As the Senior Product Manager for Experience APIs, you will shape the evolution and expansion of Disney Streaming's APIs with a focus on scaling our platforms, unlocking innovation and driving efficiencies with our APIs. You will be working collaboratively with diverse and distributed teams to deliver real value across every part of our streaming ecosystem. This is a position that will have an incredibly broad impact on the both the customer and developer experience across multiple services.
As a product manager for our content APIs and Orchestration service, you will lead the direction of your product by setting strategy and partnering with the engineering manager to guide execution to provide a reliable, scalable, and secure platform as the voice of the customer as a developer.
This is an ideal role for someone with a history working on complex services. We have found people that have worked across a system will be successful in this role. You should be able to balance pragmatism and vision to achieve meaningful results amongst a rapidly growing and changing user base.
What you'll do
• Evangelize API first product development mindset throughout product development lifecycle within Product organization
• Develop relationships with stakeholders and understand their roadmap in order to advocate and influence our own platform roadmap
• Collaborate closely with multiple product teams to provide API first guidance, standards, and best practices
• Provide backlog input and prioritization recommendations including functional and technical considerations.
• Develop stories and define clear acceptance criteria for completion.
• Present roadmaps, complex ideas and features to a broad audience effectively.
• Produce and lead release communications that inform a diverse set of partners and/or users of new features and/or changes.
• Cultivate a positive culture where there is a sense of purpose, ideas are heard, and decisions are transparent.
What you'll bring
• You have at least 5 years of product management experience
• Experience leading teams focused on Edge Computing and Orchestration
• Have a demonstrated track record of leading cross-functionally, can actively solicit input, and then confidently make a decision and execute
• Experience with best practices and patterns for enterprise API design.
• Demonstrated technical product ownership for large-scale media companies delivering content experiences across a wide range of client platforms.
• Ability to understand the value of an effort and prioritize it accordingly on a roadmap
• Experience using Product Board, JIRA and other management tools.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and excel at coordinating multiple projects at a time
• Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to make quick decisions to solve complex technical and operational challenges
• Experience managing distributed teams
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k69x-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.