Product Design Writers at Hulu champion the voice and tone of the product. They craft clear, consistent, and compelling copy for interactive user experiences and act as a viewer advocates and subject matter experts throughout the product design process.
You will contribute to each stage of product development - from exploration through execution. You give and receive feedback in design critiques, observe user research, and iterate on interface copy. You create useful, meaningful interactions that help Hulu build valuable relationships with users. You are instrumental in shaping the vision for the product experience and drive cohesive narratives across multiple platforms and touch points.
We're looking for someone with a creative background, experience in interaction design, and an affinity for organization/categorization to drive an experience that is exceptionally engaging and personal.
What you'll do
• Take ownership of writing UI copy and develop language guidelines with guidance from manager as needed
• Write for multiple devices and platforms (mobile, Living Room, web) making sure we're consistent across all while balancing native features and language patterns
• Establish and evolve cohesive language and a unified voice across products and platforms
• Represent the writing practice with cross-functional team members, including product designers, user researchers, product managers
• Be the go-to for language and language strategy on multiple projects including interface language, product education materials, interface nomenclature, microcopy, notifications, and other content throughout Hulu experiences
• Use empathy, logic, critical thinking, and data to inform decisions
• Understand global product requirements and translate that into a clear and engaging story for our customers across all touchpoints
• Coordinate with Brand, Marketing and PR teams to ensure a consistent end-to-end experience.
• Give and receive feedback with clarity and emotional intelligence
• Help coordinate translations, improve writing tools and processes, format documents, and generally lend a hand as needed to produce world-class products
• Love both high-level strategy and hands-on writing and editing
• Have strong project management/organizational skills to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
• Work proactively through ambiguity with your design team
How that might translate to the day-to-day
• Developing product names and narratives
• Providing feedback in design syncs with the lens of writing and how it works with visual design to optimize user benefit
• Asking clarifying questions, keeping the user in mind
• Partnering with UX Research to come up with a test plan to answer: what are we really trying to do? What do we need to know? What really matters?
• Building relationships and alignment with other departments and understanding their needs and goals
What to bring
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
• 3+ years of writing experience and knowledge of UX design principles
• Superb writing, editing, and project management skills
• Working familiarity with collaborative tools like Figma, Sketch, Mural, JIRA
• Humor, patience, curiosity
Please include a link to samples of your work that show a breadth of experience across a range of content types, like user interfaces, microcopy, user education, direct or transactional emails, style guides or product launch content.
• Experience working with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process
• Experience in marketing or advertising
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxk8x-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.