The Disney Streaming Services (DSS) design team is a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers. We are passionate about building high-quality, innovative and authentic experiences that connect people with the content they love. We work where art meets science, exploring ideas by using the power of design to make the invisible visible. We believe in doing things that matter, cultivating a culture of diverse perspectives, and collaboration. We celebrate our wins, but never settle.
We are looking for an experienced design executive to lead the Hulu Product Design team. You'll lead a hardworking design team, focused on crafting human-centric experiences for the Hulu platform across Living Room, Mobile, Web, IoT devices, and emerging technologies. The right person for this role must have experience in developing both holistic and future-forward experiences and a demonstrated ability to inspire and mentor designers to push the boundaries, as well keeping focus on optimizing the details of current experiences. As a design leader, you will be encouraged to use your full range of product, interaction, systems, and visual design skills to raise the craft of your team, and guide them through the end-to-end development cycle.
You will be joining the design leadership team that built Disney+, Hulu and Star+ and you will be reporting to the VP, Product Design for Disney Streaming. As each of our streaming services has its own brand identity, subscriber, and business needs, you will help to build a set of common UI patterns as the foundation supporting a set of unique, brand-specific screens and features, while ensuring to keep the brand identity of our Hulu apps top of mind.
We are looking for candidates that want to work with a groundbreaking, award-winning design team that is enhancing and innovating UX for over 100 Million users worldwide. You are someone that is passionate about redefining streaming entertainment through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. In this role you will be accountable for the full customer journey for Hulu. From the moment a viewer starts the signup process, to discovering new content to watch, to managing their favorite content, to playback for both LIVE & SVOD. You'll be part of a growing team that creates amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology.
• A passion for working in the digital Product space – ideally with past experience designing for personal devices, TV and emergent experiences.
• 10+ years of proven and effective people management experience with a Product Design team with 20+ staff.
• Incredibly strong design portfolio with examples of UX and strategic thinking.
• A strong understanding of user-centered design principles and design thinking practices.
• Demonstrated expertise in high-level product design strategy.
• You possess exceptional design judgement and are able to distinguish between 'good' and 'great' work.
• Design experiences that are simple, elegant, and progressive.
• Contribute to a unique design culture and attract world class talent.
• BA or BS degree, in a related field.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67q78-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.