Engineering Manager, Data Pipelines and Applications
Data scientists at Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) use data to empower decision-makers with information, predictions, and insights that ultimately influence the experiences of millions of users worldwide. In order to draw causal conclusions about novel product ideas and releases, we are building AB testing capabilities across a variety of user-facing applications and services covering Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu. The core experimentation data science team focuses on the analytic capabilities of the experimentation platform. The team's goal is to pave the way for broad experimentation at DMED via both ad hoc analysis and creating robust, reproducible, and scalable solutions. This position presents an opportunity to have a large impact on experimentation and its best practices.
What You'll Do
• Experimentation: Lead analysis and execution of experiments in the areas of customer acquisition, streaming quality, application performance, and commerce. Share and promote experimentation best practices.
• Analysis automation: Effectively scale analysis from a single AB test to standardize metric definitions, statistical tests and results visualizations.
• Deep analysis: Analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create a common understanding of how people are interacting with the service and content.
• Partnership: Partner closely with the experimentation platform team, product managers, data engineers to improve platform capabilities, drive development of new features and testing strategies.
What You'll Bring
• 5+ years Python or other statistical programming language
• 3+ years experience using SQL
• 3+ years of hands-on experience designing and executing AB tests.
• Deep understanding of statistical concepts like hypothesis testing, Bayesian decision-making, etc.
• Hands-on experience in advanced data analysis
• Strong communication skills, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
Nice to Have
• Contributions to open source scientific libraries like pandas, numpy, etc.
• Experience thinking strategically to interpret market and consumer information, preferably about a subscription service.
• Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau or Looker
• Advanced degree in an analytical field or equivalent experience.