Hulu's Playback Intelligence team is seeking a senior Playback QoS Data Analyst who will be an outstanding addition to the team!
To play this role at Hulu, you will execute and drive data exploration of multiple data sources, identify QoS issues or QoS optimization opportunities by using or enhancing scenario discovery methodologies, analyze QoS experiment results and provide insights for algorithm evolvement, conduct regular QoS metric drill down, etc.
The right person for this role should be skilled in using Microsoft Word and Excel, have basic SQL and coding skills and be fluent in English. Experience with Tableau, Redash, Presto, Spark is a plus.
If you are someone who has these attributes, then this is an excellent role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Data exploration - get familiar with playback related data, identify data gap and methodologies for QoS analysis.
• Prepare the data and insights for QoS goal setting purposes.
• Problem identification & scenario discovery - Understand player logic in different playback scenarios. Understand the core problems across the platforms to develop detailed problem statements and requirements, callout client teams with different problems. Use and enhance existing methodologies to find potential improvements
• Data processing - use data visualization tools (e.g. glyph, Conviva), and SQL query engines (e.g. presto, hive) to extract playback data, e.g. a specific version of George playback error number and count
• QoS report - produce and generate regular (weekly/monthly) Key Performance Indicators reports, including QoS weekly/QoS monthly/VOD weekly reports, for Playback QoS Working Group
• Data quality assurance - check data readiness for report generation, e.g. check upstream data delay, QoS data ingest job status, check important data fields' quality during playback, check important fields in player HITs, whether players are sending the accurate value, whether the HITs are sent at the right time, etc.
• QoS metric monitor - check playback QoS metric trend over the past week/month over different client platforms, find the reason of QoS metrics increase and decrease. Monitor QoS changes against releases (e.g. client / Core Playback Plugin (AKA CPP) / backend) using dashboards (e.g. Conviva / impact dashboard / tableau dashboards)
• Conduct regular drill down for VPF, VSF, CIRR, CIREpH, etc.
• Build wikis (e.g. https://wiki.hulu.com/display/PIEteam/Error+snapshot+and+EMU) to display the drill down results.
WHAT TO BRING
• Bachelor degree
• 2+year working experience
• Good data sense & data exploration capabilities
• Good at Microsoft Word, Excel
• Knowledge of SQL
• Require basic coding skill
• Good oral and written English
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2n3x6-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.