Hulu's global Video Engineering team is seeking an experienced software developer who will be an exceptional addition to our playback QoS group. As a Senior Software Developer at Hulu, you will be involved in the daily development across teams and the evolvement of Hulu's state-of-the-art intelligent streaming system. If you are someone who wants to play an important role inside the team that does crossover stuff between video streaming technologies and data driven optimizations, then this is a great position for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Build and improve the quality of Hulu video playback system, which includes ABR algorithm modules on multiple platforms (web/living room/mobile devices), high-availability services, and more.
• Contribute to the development of QoS measurement, QoS optimization algorithms, QoS issue alerting, and other innovations related.
• Collaborate with multiple teams and workforces to integrate optimizations across all components in the video system with the goal of improving playback QoS and driving up user engagement.
• Diagnose and tackle online issues; bring experience and findings into future system iteration.
• Follow and improve Engineering standards during development; ensure development efficiency and software quality via appealing design, efficient testing and accurate documentation.
WHAT TO BRING
• Bachelor's/M.S degree in Computer Science or other related technical fields.
• 3+ years software development experience.
• Strong algorithm and coding capabilities.
• Online algorithm implementation and experiment experience; algorithm result analysis capability and experience
• Clear communication, collaboration skills, and ability to build consensus with multiple partners.
• Proficiency in both written and oral English.
• Experience with multi-client SDK development including interface design, external interaction, SDK performance tuning, etc.
• Experience in video streaming and playback domain, such as ABR, DASH/HLS, CDN, TCP/IP, HTTP/2, QUIC, etc.
• Experience with industrial toolings, like Docker, AWS, ELK and etc.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0we8e-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.