Software Developer - Backend
Hulu's Content Intelligence team is dedicated to better connecting contents with users through deep understanding of the contents. The team analyzes large scale Hulu contents (movies, series/episodes, news/sports) with multimodal information (video, textual metadata, speech, user behavior), generates content understanding data (like embeddings/tags/relevance) and applies them to Hulu's recommendation/search/campaign systems to gain business values.
Now Content Intelligence team is seeking a research software developer (RSDE) who will be an outstanding addition to the team. As a RSDE in the team, you will design and develop cutting-edge algorithms/models in content understanding and recommendation areas. The right candidates for this role are talents who have experience in multimodal content understanding (CV/NLP) and content-based video recommendation. If you are self-motivated and passionate about solving challenging problems with machine learning techniques, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Apply state-of-the-art machine learning techniques in a variety of areas, such as content representation, relevance prediction and video recommendation.
• Design and develope scalable and efficient algorithms/models for large scale content understanding and recommendation tasks.
• Invent and iterate on novel solutions to challenging machine learning problems.
• Collaborate with developers, program managers and product managers in an open and creative environment.
WHAT TO BRING
• MS or Ph.D. in computer science, EE or other related fields.
• 2+ years of working experience on large scale machine learning, multi-modal content understanding, NLP/CV in leading internet companies. Experience in personalized recommendation is highly preferred.
• Outstanding research track record in the areas of machine learning, content analysis/recommendation. Publications in renowned journals, conferences would be a big plus.
• Familiarity with Python, C++ or any other OOP language.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Chinese Mandarin proficiency is required.