Hulu's Product Design team is seeking a Product Designer that can build design strategy and solutions to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. Our Discover UX team's mission is to simplify the content discovery journey and make it easier for users to jump back into their favorites and explore new content along the way.
The ideal person will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for collaboration and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas throughout the end-to-end design process. From planning to research, design, testing, and rollout, you'll use your human-centered design approach, product demeanor, and strong interpersonal skills to deliver results through cross-functional team collaboration.
To apply, please share your resume and portfolio of your recent work.
What you'll do
• Work on design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
• Operate in a highly collaborative environment where you will work closely with other mid-level/senior designers to jam on ideas, prototype, execute, and deliver functional designs
• Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You'll partner with engineering, product, and business folks to find sophisticated but practical solutions to design challenges. Together, you'll tackle problems and come up with solutions that delight our users
• Be autonomous. You'll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
• Provide design support to qualitative user research, eg. usability testing, online survey studies, card-sorting, etc.
• Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
• Other tasks to support fellow designers to ideate and execute design solutions
What you bring
• 3 years of demonstrated ability working in a consumer product-focused environment
• Degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field
• A portfolio demonstrating experience launching responsive web, mobile app, or other products
• Proven track record to build wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and specs to describe the user experience and interface
• Have a phenomenal eye for visual design and be detail-oriented to execute high-quality design directions
• Be proficient in Human-Centered Design methodology and design trends in the industry and consumer space
• Be able to communicate directly with fellow designers, design manager, product managers, stakeholders, and developers to translate their visions and constraints, into beautiful, functional products that will delight our users
• Experience working with developers throughout the development lifecycle
• Proficient in crafting and prototyping design using Figma
Nice to have:
• Experience in designing for Living Room devices (eg. TV UI/UX)
• Experience in leading usability testing studies and synthesizing user feedback, user research, and user data into measurable product decisions
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zb50-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.