Senior Software Developer
Santa Monica, CA
Disney Streaming's Media Engineering Center of Excellence team is seeking a Principal Technical Program Manager who will be an excellent addition to our organization. Voted the #1 company in Los Angeles by Hired, Hulu continues its staggering exponential growth and is on the path to become the number one choice for TV in and out of the home. As a result, we seek to continuously improve and scale our ability to deliver an extraordinary viewer experience.
This involves building platforms that can be consumed and contributed to by all service teams at Hulu. You will be a part of the team that counts the entire tech organization as their customers and is driven to meet their needs. Our video backend teams power services that handle the magic between a Hulu viewer ''clicking on the play button'' and ''playback start''. As Hulu grows its subscriber base and delights our users with better experiences and innovative features, our teams continue to evolve our advanced A/V features, ad playback and video quality.
Do you share a real passion for working behind the scenes to help provide the best experience possible to the millions of Hulu viewers? Do you thrive in a team environment and gain happiness accomplishing ambitious initiatives that span across Hulu & DisneyTech? Then we believe this is an awesome role for you and we'd love to hear from you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Establish and continuously improve the Center of Excellence for Portfolio & Program Management within the Media Engineering Organization.
• Collaborate with Disney Streaming Enterprise Program Management(EPM) to align & adopt established processes and practices.
• Develop and improve the program management and planning processes for effective throughput across scrum teams & broader workstream. Create & maintain processes that streamline work intake for new product features, technical initiatives, technical debt, user feedback & bug fixes.
• Define & maintain the Media Engineering Platform roadmap and project portfolio in collaboration with Disney Product Verticals, Technical Project Managers & Engineering teams. Evaluate trade-offs between project size, complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and business value while maintaining quality.
• Provide technical leadership and domain expertise during architectural and design discussions with engineering & product teams. Work with domain-specific engineering teams across the organization to identify team capacity and skills needed to deliver product features.
• Partner with engineering leads on continuous improvement of processes and supervise team health. Establish & measure critical metrics (Key Performance Indicators) across all teams & systems within Media Engineering.
• Be a communication powerhouse to ensure the Disney Streaming Organization knows what Media Engineering is working on.
• Drive transformation and reimagining how we add the most value to our business.
WHAT TO BRING
• Bachelor's Degree in CS or a related technical field or equivalent relevant experience
• 12+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry.
• Expert knowledge of agile and lean software development methodologies & engineering best-practices.
• Prior experience in establishing process & practices to scale agile development across mid to large sized organizations.
• Ability to navigate large organizations, establish relationships, build consensus and champion effective collaboration across cross-functional teams.
• Experience in shipping multiple products in a dynamic fast paced environment.
• Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, object oriented development, build processes, change control and release management.
• Solid understanding of program management tools such as Jira, and Confluence.
• Strong presentation, organization, and communication skills (written and verbal) with both technical and non-technical parties.
NICE TO HAVE
• Experience operating within a Center of Excellence or PMO organization.
• Prior experience with video processing pipeline & streaming technology.
• Certified PMP, CSM, SAFe practitioner.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqop0z-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.