Architect - Ad Intelligence
Viewer-first advertising is a strategic imperative for Hulu and Disney. The Beijing Ad Intelligence team's mission is to transform advertising and Disney's Ad platform with data and AI across TV and streaming video. We build solutions to measure and optimize every aspect of advertising lifecycle. Our tenant is a strong cross-function team to deliver E2E solutions covering tech areas ranging from machine learning, bigdata, microservices to data applications. Our team is seeking a principal software development lead who will be an outstanding addition and owning the data and measurement product suite to make data as a strategic advertising asset with high-available and high-concurrent services and data solutions. The right person for this role should be experienced on data technologies, organization development, and crafting implementation for either full stack products, or data platforms. If you are someone who is proactive, inquisitive, and innovative in either these domains, this is a phenomenal role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Lead engineering teams to build data platforms and applications for advertising planing, operation, reporting and optimization
• Continuously evolve team mission, strategy and charter, and develop team structure for changing business needs and technology trend
• Drive adoption of the best engineering practices, including the use of design patterns, CI/CD, code review and test automation
• Collaborate with program managers, product managers, developers, architects and researchers in an open and innovative environment
• Recruit and mentor team members, and guide their career development
• Communicate status to senior management
WHAT TO BRING
• MS or PhD in computer science, EE or other quantitative subject area.
• 10+ years of professional programming in Scala, Java, Python, and etc.
• 8+ years of people and project management experience
• 6+ years of design experience with bigdata e.g. Spark, Flink, Druid, Single Store, Snowflake, Kafka, Nifi and other AWS bigdata technologies
• Passion about technologies, openness to interdisciplinary work, and being inspired for opportunities to build ground-breaking solutions
• Experience with processing large amount of data at petabyte level
• Proven understanding of systems, application design and architecture
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Proficiency in both written and oral English
• Experience in digital video advertising or digital marketing domain
• Experience with audience segmentation, feature store, and BI
• Experience with building products or teams from 0 to 1 and growing from 1 to 100