Hulu is the leading premium streaming TV service in US with over 12 million users. We create amazing experiences and strive to be the best of entertainment and technology. We're looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It's a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that's powering the next generation TV.
Hulu's Research team is seeking a Principal Research Lead who will be a thoughtful leader driving the future of recommendation research for online video. As a senior member of our research team, you will have a chance to tackle some of the most challenging and exciting algorithmic problems.
The recommendation team analyze and leverages petabytes of user and content data in order to serve the right content to the right users, and create the best personalization experience in online video. While we stand firmly on statistical and mathematical roots, we see great value real world, creative and pragmatic solutions.
An ideal candidate will be a role model for the researchers, with a proven track record of leading large scale research projects that is deployed into highly scalable production systems. The ideal candidate will also have experience mentoring and guiding junior researchers and research engineers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Apply state of the art machine learning, statistics or data mining in a variety of areas, such as relevance prediction, user modeling, learning to ranking, and text mining
• Invent and fast iterate on novel solutions to challenging data related problems
• Develop scalable and efficient methods for large scale data analysis and model development
• Collaborate with developers, program managers, and product managers in an open, creative environment
• Coach and provide research and system guidance to junior researchers on a variety of data related research areas
WHAT TO BRING
• MS or PhD in computer science, EE or other quantitative discipline
• 5+ years of working experience on large scale machine learning, user behavior analysis, text mining in leading internet companies. Experience in personalization technology is highly preferred
• Familiarity with Java, Python, C/C++ or any other OOP language
• Proven track record of thriving in a fast-paced, data-driven, collaborative and iterative applied research environment
• Outstanding research track record in the areas of machine learning, data mining, or statistical modeling, with evidence through publications in renowned journals, conferences
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Chinese Mandarin proficiency is required