Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun.
Onyx Collective is a new content brand on Hulu designed to curate a slate of premium entertainment by creators of color and underrepresented voices.
The Principal Publicity Manager (Hulu Originals & Onyx Collective) is an individual contributor who will be an integral part of the Publicity team at Hulu. They will lead all aspects of long and short-term strategies that build awareness and buzz for Hulu Original, Onyx Collective campaigns and the slate at large. The role reports to the Vice President of Hulu Originals and Onyx Collective Marketing & Publicity. They are passionate, have the creative-thinking skills to develop impactful media relations campaigns, can pivot quickly when needed and excited by an opportunity to build out a new function. The role requires someone that can balance a high-volume workload, excels at multi-tasking, has a sharp focus for details, an ability to find humor in chaos and an innate sense of urgency to clearly connect with internal and external partners. Strong candidates also contribute across departments and will add value to the overall organization as a specialist in their field. Collaborating and taking a hands-on approach is key.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Develop and execute results-driven media relations campaigns for Hulu Originals & Onyx Collective utilizing both traditional and forward-thinking tactics. Figuring out what will move the needle for every campaign is key
• Work in lockstep with Originals Marketing, Social and Creative Marketing to align on campaign brief, strategy and execution to deliver on KPIs.
• Puts the viewer first – uses this as North star to guide all messaging and publicity efforts
• Foster and strengthen media and talent relationships on behalf of Hulu
• Work with talent reps, producers, studio partners and effectively communicate your POV and strategy
• Proactively pitch media to support Hulu Originals & Onyx content initiatives and ensure press are equipped with appropriate assets
• Develop series positioning for assigned campaigns and messaging for producers, talent and executives
• Collaborate and communicate plans with internal teams including content development, marketing, social, legal, viewer experience, awards and others
• Manage relationships with cross-functional teams across the entire Disney Enterprise to execute campaigns
• Spearhead and support media relations efforts at events, including red carpets, screenings, junkets, conferences and festivals
• Merchandise media relations efforts to internal teams and content partners
• Identify new audiences and areas of focus for existing identified audiences and work cross functionally to determine business opportunity and subsequent publicity tactics
• Provide thought leadership and provide perspective on embedding an inclusive and culturally relevant approach to cross company marketing initiatives including authentic representation, storytelling and language
WHAT TO BRING
• 8+ years experience in publicity at a platform/studio/agency
• Established relationships with TV entertainment media, talent bookers, studio partners and talent reps
• A curiosity for finding better ways and uncovering new ways of doing things
• Relevant experience in marketing to specific audience groups, proven history of executing content marketing campaigns and developing new processes and strategies that drive marketing campaign success
• Superb work ethic and positive, can-do attitude
• Passion for Hulu content, storytelling, television and entertainment
• Excellent project management and organization skills
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment under hard deadlines
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
• Demonstrated ability as a self-starter, inspiring leader
• Ability to authentically reflect the needs of specific audiences
• Great teammate with leadership skills. Ability and desire to interact with cross-functional team members
• Ability to think equal parts strategically, analytically and creatively and use research based and cultural insights
• Ability to travel, work evenings and weekends as needed
• Deep understanding of the entertainment industry and Awards machine
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7k3j-3-235-184-215-42 in your application.