Hulu's Cost Management team, part of our larger Observability organization, is seeking a motivated Engineering Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. Our team is responsible for building out new tooling and processes on top of our Observability Platform to support our diverse dev teams and business needs. The team also works closely with the other Observability organization teams to provide platform developer support, develop new observability standards, and provide documentation and training to empower our internal users.
The right person for this role is passionate about infrastructure cost management and is interested in building software solutions in order to reveal, report, and monitor application and service operating costs. If you are someone who gets excited by exposing data that leads to business impacting optimizations, then this is an excellent role for you. Come join our team and help build our amazing Observability platform while revolutionizing streaming TV!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Manage a team of 4-5 software engineers.
• Architect and engineer software solutions.
• Engage with product development teams to support their needs.
• Develop and maintain internal tooling and glue that powers our platform
• Proactively watch the latest industry trends and stay up-to-date on the cutting-edge technologies, to help keep Hulu a leader in the field.
• Have a lot of fun.
WHAT TO BRING
• 1+ years of technical engineering management experience
• 6+ years of software development experience designing and building scalable, fault-tolerant, high-uptime distributed systems from the ground up.
• 6+ years of Application Observability experience including APM, custom metrics, tracing, and logging.
• 2+ years of AWS experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpjv79-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.