Hulu's Living Room team located in Seattle creates the Hulu applications that run-on Xbox, PlayStation, Roku, Fire TV, and smart TVs, just to name a few. Our small, highly-capable team is responsible for the UI for the fastest-growing segment of Hulu subscribers, using all the best devices. Everything we do directly affects millions of consumers, their experience with our service, and Hulu's bottom line.
Hulu's Living Room Experience team is seeking a Quality Engineering Manager who will be an extraordinary addition to our growing team. In this role you will head the quality team owning the charge in delivering the best-in-class experience to our viewers. You will also be responsible for defining QA strategy and processes, ensuring that every release conforms to Hulu's high standards of excellence. If you're an experienced manager looking to take that next step, and to make a significant impact across an organization focused on revolutionizing the way our users watch their favorite shows and movies, this could be the job for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Lead Living Room Test team to build a test-driven engineering culture that drives improvements in quality.
• Implement measurable goals for team and process changes to scale testing efforts across the Living Room organization.
• Work with the QA team to set their priorities and remove their roadblocks to make sure sufficient coverage is done for releases.
• Responsible to define the roadmap to transition critical manual test coverage into test automation
• Assess the status of releases and help make sure that releases go out on time with a high-quality level including prevention of Defect Leakage
• Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of team members. Help develop their careers and assign them to tasks tailored to their skills.
• Work with Engineering/Product/Design teams to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short-term and long-term goals.
WHAT TO BRING
• You have 5+ years' experience of Quality Engineering Management
• You have deep understanding of testing fundamentals like Test Driven Development, Risk Based Testing, Test Reporting, Test Planning, Test Automation, Test Metrics and Defect Trends Analysis.
• You have knowledge with Test Automation Concepts and Frameworks (Appium, Java), CI/CD concepts and tools like Jenkins, SonarQube.
• You are able to contribute to planning and design discussions with development team.
• You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and you're committed to driving projects to completion creatively.
• You can motivate, instill a strong sense of ownership in your team, think ahead and plan for future.
• You have experience guiding and mentor teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience