Senior Software Developer - DVR Platform
Santa Monica, CA
Hulu's Data Analytics team is seeking a Manager to lead analytics initiatives that will inform our most impactful business decisions. You will design innovative approaches turning data into information, information into insights and insights into data-enabled business decisions that steer the strategic direction of our company. You will be instrumental in leading the use of analytics as a critical value driver and source of competitive advantage across our organization. The right person for this role has exceptional analytical abilities, thrives in a fast-pace environment, has a demonstrated ability to solve business problems and has a natural ability to establish relationships and communicate effectively. If you are someone who is passionate about driving value through analytics and is motivated by a highly-visible and entrepreneurial position, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Build data models, data visualizations and automated analytics that operationalize insights across the business
• Be the primary partner for cross-functional stakeholders to define and understand key enterprise KPIs and business metrics
• Anticipate analytical needs of the business, design diagnostic solutions and deliver highly polished data products and insights
• Act as a liaison between business units and data engineering teams and partner with stakeholders to establish and support reliable SLAs for key data sets
• Translate business requirements into technical specifications and explain complex analysis simply through informative and well-organized presentations that contribute to overall business goals
• Drive the development of prioritized analytics solutions including problem definition, solution design and execution
• Use internal and external analytics tools, SQL and scripting languages to access and analyze complex data
• Drive adoption of analytical solutions and business intelligence tools
• Encourage the collection of new data and the improvement of existing data sources
• Measure and improve the quality of analytics solutions on an ongoing basis
• Provide technical mentorship and professional career development to supporting team members and work to retain top talent by building career paths and nurturing growth
WHAT TO BRING
• A bachelor's or master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, MIS, Economics, etc.
• 6+ years of hands-on and/or management of analytical work experience designing, building, and evaluating analytical datasets with strong focus on action-oriented outcomes
• 2+ years of leadership experience including people management, mentorship, technical leadership and project management
• Extensive experience collecting, validating and analyzing data and crafting an actionable story for technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience operationalizing analytics in ''big-data'' environments and implementing data insights into actionable strategic plans
• Expert SQL skills for querying, advanced analysis, performance optimization and persisting data
• Excellent data visualization skills with tools like Tableau, Looker, ThoughtSpot, MicroStrategy, etc.
• Familiarity with data science programming languages like R and Python is a plus
• Demonstrated understanding of data warehousing and ETL concepts including data pipelines, engineering, data quality and business logic
• Experience in building financial and data models with predictive outcomes
• Excellent relationship management and the ability to work across business teams and functions
• Ability to project manage and comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly iterative environment
• A high sense of accountability with an ability to multi-task and schedule work effectively
• Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. Hulu is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during the interview process. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.