Hulu's Android team is seeking an experienced Software Engineer with a passion for mobile applications to join our team in Seattle. Our highly collaborative team brings together folks from many fields including quality assurance, program management, product management, UX and engineering. We are responsible for the apps that millions of Hulu viewers use to watch their favorite movies and shows, every single day. We strive to build and maintain the best Live and Video on Demand (VOD) application on a broad set of Android devices, from phones to tablets, from Android 5 to the latest developer preview. We would love to see samples of your work. If you've got something to share with us, please make sure your resume or application links to your GitHub account or an app in the Play store.
On the Mobile team and at Hulu, we are accountable to one another, committed to aligning on common goals, and moving forward. We do so because we know that no one person or team alone could achieve what we've set out to do! As a team, we continuously analyze data to improve our Apps, our processes and how we work together.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineering leadership to craft best-of-class, delightful TV-watching experiences
• Lead initiatives across the company, working closely with other client and backend engineers
• Develop the architectural direction and vision for company wide projects as well as across the Android team
• Demonstrate engineering excellence by developing test infrastructures, writing documentation, ensuring high performance, and following an agile development methodology
• Support and mentor your team members to enable them to become more knowledgeable and achieve their career goals
WHAT TO BRING
• Expert at developing native Android apps
• Proficiency with Java, Kotlin, Android Studio, and Gradle.
• A deep understanding of the Android SDK, Activity and Fragment lifecycles, thread management, custom views, and animations
• Proven understanding and experience using reactive frameworks such as RxJava or Flow
• Be an excellent communicator who collaborates well across teams.
• Experience architecting and building entire mobile applications while leading other developers to support your vision.
• You build high quality code by always writing tests and using performance evaluation tools like Android Profiler
• Experience with test automation, dependency injection frameworks and continuous integration
• Familiar with Scrum and Agile methodologies
• Ability to take ambiguous requirements and derive precise criteria
• In-depth knowledge of web-service and data-driven application architecture
• Experience with streaming video, codecs, and DRM
• Experience with using common Android libraries like Picasso, Retrofit, Coroutine, Toothpick and/or Dagger
• Passionate about test-driven development
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3knk-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.