Engineering Manager - Video Platform Engineering (Media Engineering)
The Video Playback Engineering team mission is to develop video streaming playback solutions in collaboration with encoding, packaging, and delivery teams to provide the best streaming experience possible on all devices. The VPE team designs and develops client side software including streaming playback engines and media libraries used by all our streaming platform applications. We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager who is passionate about leveraging engineering experience and management skills to solve complex problems in a collaborative way.
We are looking for a person who knows the value of bringing people together to solve problems, building trust with your team and stakeholders, thinking strategically, and establishing relationships at all levels. This manager listens well, has a high degree of emotional intelligence, and will deliver regular and candid feedback to those you interact with.
The ideal candidate will also have hands on engineering experience in video streaming, and a wide variety of client environments including android and iOS platforms. While in-depth knowledge of all client environments is not required, the demonstrated ability to acquire in-depth experience and knowledge on at least one of these platforms should be considered a prerequisite for success in the role.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Lead engineers to deliver features and product with strong quality
• Collaborate with stakeholders, leadership, engineers to establish priorities
• Communicate architecture, roadmap, and product objectives to engineers and gather feedback for stakeholders.
• Coach and provide guidance to team members
WHAT TO BRING
• Bachelor or above in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• 6+ years of working experience and strong programming skills
• 2+ years of team management experience
• In-depth experience and knowledge of android or iOS platform
• Comfortable with complex and high profile projects.
• Demonstrate an ability to drive a project forward through unpredictable obstacles, taking on whatever is needed to solve problems, without overextending personal health and wellbeing of yourself or your team.
• fluent English both verbal and oral
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Experience with video players
• Experience with collaboration oversea
• Experience with or understanding of HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) standards.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvpy27-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.