Sr. Analyst, Corporate Development
Santa Monica, CA
Hulu’s Technology team is seeking an Engineering Manager, Subscription & Billing who will be an outstanding addition to our Engineering team in Santa Monica. This is an exciting and unique opportunity as Hulu continues to invest heavily to modernize our tech stack. We are looking for someone to help develop and build out new teams. The primary objective of this team is to develop the core subscription and billing system for Hulu, modeling the business domain in a flexible way and support continuous evolvement of system capabilities. As we build out our flexible architecture, the critical contributions of this team will enable our marketing teams to fulfill their vision of growing our subscriber base both domestically and internationally. Our billing solutions span retail, wholesale and third-party channels and you will collaborate closely with your peers to deliver a world-class solution. Currently, if you are someone who has a passion for building, disrupting and innovating, then this is the role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Lead the Subscription and Billing team.
• This is a hands-on leadership role. Work closely with senior engineers of your team, to architect the next generation of Hulu's subscription and billing platform. You will be encouraged to help your team with the development and design of their critical projects.
• Build a best-in-class software development team through a combination of training, career development, recruiting, and process improvement; to ensure that all software conforms to the highest quality standards.
• Direct daily operations of the team - carrying out priorities, monitoring and analyzing operational efficiency metrics and ensuring problems are identified and solved quickly and efficiently
• Foster a culture that uses metrics to make informed decisions and guide change; balance architectural and design considerations such as performance, scalability, reusability and flexibility issues.
• Collaborate with product managers and other business partners to achieve functionality & evangelize your team’s work across all organizations at Hulu.
• Collaborate with your peer leadership team in this space to design and architect robust API contracts and scalable microservices for internal clients
• Contribute to the design and delivery of an end to end solution supporting our subscriber journey leading to the best experience for our internal technical & business partners as well as our Hulu customers
• Mentor junior engineers on the team
• Be the go-to person on technical questions
WHAT TO BRING
• Bachelor or MS Degree in Computer Science
• 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
• 3+ years of experience leading software development
• Proven ability to attract talent, build teams and have fun
• Strong code design and architectural skills
• Strong programming (Java, Scala or other related programming languages) and scripting skills
• Experience with SQL
• Excellent communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic
• Quality-first mindset with focus on test automation and CI/CD
• The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
• Strive for excellence and strong analytical skills
• Experience with functional programming (Scala, Haskell)
• Experience with non-relational database technologies (MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, DynamoDB)
• Experience with Redis and/or Memcached
• Experience with Apache Kafka and/or Kinesis
• Experience building International Billing & Payment Systems