Hulu's Business Technology group is seeking a motivated Senior Software Engineering Lead to define, develop, and deliver a series of systems that drive our daily operations. Focused on advertising delivery and content usage, these highly complex systems are the lifeline of Hulu.
The initiatives are exciting involving full-stack development, big data, sophisticated business rules, and diverse user groups. As the lead engineer you will offer insights on new technologies and architecture, proven methods for software development, and strategies for problem-solving, and tips and tricks for managing these initiatives.
The right person for this role will be a balance of teacher and doer, helping the team define goals and roadmaps, organize and plan the work involved, and monitor progress. Above all else, you are expected to lead with vision, plan with foresight, execute with precision, and handle change with grace.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Lead a full-stack software engineering team building web-based applications that support business operations with local and off-shore team members
• Perform hands-on coding using ReactJS/TypeScript for font-end and Python for back-end
• Lead discussions with product team to understand features and guide technical design
• Participate in to all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, experimentation, implementation and testing.
• Coach and mentor engineers on the team to ensure that all software utilizes Hulu and industry standard methodologies
• Collaborate efficiently with product management, technical program management, operations, and other engineering teams to capture requirements, drive implementation, and provide transparency
WHAT TO BRING
• BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Expertise in building REST APIs in Python for backend services
• Expertise in SQL & database modeling for RDBMS/NoSQL databases
• Working knowledge in ReactJS/TypeScript for front-end development
• Experience in leading development teams and mentoring individuals
• Proficient in complex, distributed, microservice web architectures
• Proficient with build and deploy applications such as Docker containers on AWS
• Strong knowledge of software engineer processes (CI/CD, Git, Jenkins)
• Experience with GraphQL
• Experience with data engineering tools such as Airflow and Spark