Social Media Moderator
Santa Monica, CA
Hulu's Consumer Insights team is seeking a Brand Insights Manager who will be an outstanding addition to our CMI team. As a Brand Insights Manager at Hulu, you will support its primary research initiatives around brand and advertising as well as the product and audience. Your focus is to work with the Brand Insights team in designing research, interpreting data, translating it into impactful ideas and crafting spectacular Powerpoint/Google Slides reports. The right person for this role is someone passionate about the voice of the consumer and who is a pro at prioritizing multiple complex projects all at once! If you are someone who is likely a stand-out analyst or manager at a top market research firm or working for a content distributor or programmer, then this is an excellent role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Direct the process of planning and executing qualitative and quantitative research studies. Much of Hulu's primary research is conducted in-house and candidates should have the ability to write questionnaires, work with various internal databases, analyze raw data, craft reports from scratch as well as communicating and sharing those results with various stakeholders and partners.
• Work with the Brand CMI and partners in Marketing, Product, and Distribution to understand needs and challenges to frame research objectives and plans
• Partner with and form relationships with research partners (both internal and external), ensuring adherence to overall efficiencies
• Synthesize primary and secondary data from multiple sources (e.g.MRI, SNL Kagan, Omdia) to present a holistic analysis to identify market trends and customer insights which translate into measurable ideas and strategies.
• Stay abreast of television, OTT, and research industry news, trends, and methodologies
WHAT TO BRING
• 5+ years of entertainment research experience, preferably at a market research supplier focused on Entertainment and Media
• Strong proficiency with Brand Tracking, Brand Positioning, and Creative Ad Testing
• Knowledge and capability with a variety of market research methodologies and their applications
• Familiarity working with large quantitative and qualitative datasets
• Ability to be strategic as well as dive into the data to answer research and business questions
• Passionate about research, television, marketing, emerging media, and technology
• Proven PowerPoint and Excel skills as well as survey tools such as Qualtrics/Survey Gizmo
• Experience with SPSS or other analytical tools such as R/SAS/SQL
• Proficient with secondary/syndicated research tools (MRI, SNL Kagan, Omdia (formerly IHS/Markit)
• Results-oriented with the ability to work within strict time constraints while balancing multiple projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
• A teammate who is analytical and collaborative with the knack to pivot in a constantly evolving environment
• BA/BS in social sciences, marketing science, applied research, or related field. Have a strong academic record and analytical background.
• Experience at a Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) streaming service or a research company working with a DTC streaming service.
• Advanced statistics capabilities