The Content Management Platform team is seeking an Associate Software Engineer who is sharp, motivated, and will help build the technology backbone of Media Engineering. This team is responsible for the end-to-end technology needed to acquire, ingest, and normalize content from over 1500 partners and deliver the highest quality video to tens of millions of users. As part of this team, you would use technologies like Java Springboot, Jenkins, AWS: SQS, SNS, DYNAMODB, MSK, and AES.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Collaborate with team members to build, design, and maintain content ingestion services and applications.
• Implement data ETL pipelines for hundreds of sources that power our LIVE (TV) and VOD (On-demand) product experiences
• Write and maintain distributed ingestion data flows using horizontally scalable data stores and messaging queues.
WHAT TO BRING
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 0-2 years of software development experience, and proficiency in Java or similar
• Expertise with core Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms (hashing, trees, graphs, search, recursion, etc.)
• Passion for data, processing, and normalization engines
• Embracing performance tuning, and a love for ETL pipelines and solving problems end-to-end
• A desire to relentlessly improve large scale data applications
• Experience in cloud technologies (AWS, Terraform, etc).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p368-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.