Viewer-first advertising is a strategic imperative for Hulu and Disney. The Beijing Ad Intelligence team's mission is to transform advertising and Disney's Ad platform with data and AI across TV and streaming video. We build services, data platform and optimization engines for every aspect of advertising lifecycle. Our tenant is a strong cross-function team covering tech spectrums ranging from machine learning, bigdata, microservices to data applications. Our team is seeking a software architect who will be an outstanding addition and driving architecture and design of high-available and high-concurrent microservices and bigdata platform. The right person for this role should be experienced on data technologies, and crafting implementation for either full stack components, or data platforms. If you are someone who is proactive, inquisitive, and innovative in either these domains, this is a phenomenal role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Design architectures of data platforms and applications to power advertising planning, operation, and reporting with measurements and data intelligence
• Lead to scale up microservices for advertising targeting, decisioning and personalization with high availability and low latency
• Direct engineering teams on Proof of Concepts and technical assessment, and make decisions for critical cross-component architecture design
• Establish repeatable design patterns to ensure consistent product solution and smooth evolution for changing business needs
• Own architecture guidelines and principles, and guide developers toward a common methodology and shared technology platform
• Drive ground-breaking innovation, apply the state-of-the-art technologies, and develop technology stack roadmap
• Collaborate with program managers, product managers, developers, and researchers in an open and innovative environment
• Mentor and coach senior developers and engineering leads
WHAT TO BRING
• Bachelor or MS in computer science, EE or other quantitative subject area.
• 10+ years of professional programming in Scala, Java, Python, and etc.
• 6+ years of proven track record with bigdata ecosystems e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Presto, Druid, MemSQL, Airflow, Kafka, Nifi and etc.
• 5+ years of design experience of building highly available and scalable services for on-prem and on-cloud deployments with Docker, AWS, Terraform, Spinnaker, K8S, Spring Boot, and etc.
• Adept in at least one widely used Web framework (React.js, Vue.js, Angular, etc.) and good knowledge of Web stack HTML, CSS, Webpack
• Proven understanding of systems, application design and architecture
• Experience with processing large amount of data at petabyte level
• Being energetic, forward-thinking, creative, and risk-taking
• Passion about technology, and openness to interdisciplinary work
• Excellent influential capability, and proficiency in written and oral English communication
• Experience in digital video advertising or digital marketing domain
• Experience with audience segmentation, operational data store, and BI
• Experience of leading architecture design for products from 0 to 1 and growing from 1 to 100
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rekoq5-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.