Vice President, Automotive Public Relations
Remote / Virtual
The majority of our employees will have flexibility that allows them to choose a predominantly remote, predominantly in-office, or hybrid setup. Our official in-office locations in the United States includes LA, NYC, Stamford, and Chicago, and we have several other states in which employees may work remotely if their role isn't one that requires them to be in or near the office. We value the health and safety of our people above all else, and our onsite attendance policies reflect that. If there is an on-site requirement for a role, it will be listed in the job description.
For those employees who would like to utilize our offices, full vaccination for COVID-19 is required for physical presence in A+E Networks workplaces. While A+E Networks will consider reasonable
accommodation requests regarding this policy in accordance with applicable law, such requests will not be considered until a conditional offer of employment is extended to a candidate. Applicants should not submit any medical or health information in connection with their application for employment.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Here in Corporate Communications, we believe in the importance of personal touch, and we value every consumer and their experience with us equally. We are the wordsmiths, problem solvers and occasional fire wardens of our industry, charged with finding the right platform for the right story. Through our tenacity, charm and ability to work collaboratively, we play a defining role in influencing how our viewers, product consumers and employees perceive and interact with the A+E Networks brand.
Vice President, Public Relations & Social Media, The HISTORY Channel:
• Lead and manage the consumer publicity and social media efforts of the communications team to guide the promotional strategy for the channel's slate of programming ranging from groundbreaking documentaries, unscripted series, live events and specials as well as the company's ancillary businesses.
• Manage a remote team of publicists and social media creatives and strategists while driving innovation, positioning and results to maximize exposure for all HISTORY projects and priorities
• Work with the trade press in conjunction with the Senior Vice President of Communications on the positioning of the network and oversee awards strategy, editorial coverage and submissions for the brand.
• Lead publicity and social media efforts for high-profile projects, lead all talent relations efforts, event management and activations for HISTORY projects as well as create and execute communications systems for optimum awareness, internally and externally.
• Ensure creativity and accuracy across all HISTORY social platforms while being responsible for approving content rollout strategy, scheduling and reporting including tracking performance and ensuring institutional priorities are being met.
• Manage the History PR and social media budget.
• The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional, fast-moving and strategic thinker with extensive media relations, deep knowledge of social media strategy, prior experience managing a team, and the ability to collaborate across the company.
• Must have at minimum of 10+ years of experience in entertainment publicity, preferably in television.
• Must have prior experience managing a team and the ability to collaborate across the company.
• Strong contacts and excellent relationships with key media and influencers across consumer and trade press in print, digital, and broadcast platforms.
• Ability to help shape the narrative for a dynamic, multiplatform brand.
• Highly collaborative, flexible and adaptable, with strong diplomatic and influencing skills.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills and a history of drafting speeches/remarks for senior management, as well as briefing documents and releases.
• A track record of rolling out creative and innovative communications campaigns.
Exceptional judgment and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential issues and topics.
• Autonomously develops press and social media opportunities.
• Familiarity with social media scheduling and analytics platforms.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while working effectively under the pressure of last-minute deadlines and changing priorities.
• A team player who thrives in a collaborative work environment, takes initiative and functions effectively, both independently and as a member of a team.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxy2qz-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.