VP, Consumer Marketing & Media
New York, NY
Social Media Community Manager, The HISTORY Channel (Temporary)
The HISTORY Channel Social Media Community Manager will be a frontline brand representative for the network's social media department, interacting and engaging with fans in real-time on social media as well as creating, curating and distributing custom content specifically for the social media landscape. The ideal candidate is a creative individual with a passion for following social media trends.
• Responsible for day-to-day social engagement around The HISTORY Channel brand and programming accounts, including live-posting priority premieres, posting content and engaging the social communities around new series, existing communities, and building new fanbases.
• Work with the Sr. Director of Social Media Strategy to develop content calendars and platform specific distribution strategy.
• Write copy and editorial with clear understanding of the network's demographic/audience, our tone and brand point of view.
• Create and distribute custom images, gifs, memes, scene-lifts and videos specifically for the social media space & platforms.
• Liaising with the publicity and production teams, create and provide talent with social assets to distribute and promote across their social channels via box links.
• Execute Influencer campaigns and content creator activations.
• Identify top fans, fandoms, and reward and recognize their enthusiasm for our shows.
• Provide live social coverage of virtual events and virtual shoots.
• Conduct social listening and provide community expertise on assigned projects and shows using our data tools: Canvs, Spredfast, ListenFirst and Dash Hudson.
• Collaborate cross-department on their social media needs (programming, ad sales, integrations, editorial, digital, paid media, marketing and PR).
• Use Photoshop to create or edit images, assets.
Qualifications/Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Digital Media, or a related field
• Minimum 1-3 years of relevant work experience in social media and/or marketing.
• Must love entertainment and TV! Don't care how you see it or stream it, but you need to love watching shows, talking about them, and being a true fan of your favorites programs!
• Savvy and knowledgeable about current social media trends.
• Solid understanding of social media platforms and their users (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
• Experience and proficiency in design programs such as Photoshop and complete familiarity with MS Office and Google Drive.
• Photo/video editing experience.
• Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate effectively and on-brand with consumers as well as internal and external stakeholders.
• Coverage of weekly programming and across weekends
• A highly creative, innovative and strategic thinker with the ability to deliver fresh ideas in a timely manner.
• Strong editorial discretion and great copywriting skills.
• Extremely organized and buttoned up. Detail and deadline oriented with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
• Proactive, positive, reliable, incredibly dedicated, with tremendous follow-through.
• Previous experience working on brands' social media platforms.
• Interest in digital content creations (photos, memes, gifs, animated videos).
• Interest in history and a passion for how it can be reflected in modern culture is a plus!
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.