THE DIVISION'S STORY
Here in Corporate Communications, we believe in the importance of personal touch, and we value every consumer and their experience with us equally. We are the wordsmiths, problem solvers and occasional fire wardens of our industry, charged with finding the right platform for the right story. Through our tenacity, charm and ability to work collaboratively, we play a defining role in influencing how our viewers, product consumers and employees perceive and interact with the A+E Networks brand.
The HISTORY Channel Social Media Creative Associate is responsible for the day-to-day content creation for the network's social media platforms across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. This role requires a true creative who is passionate about storytelling, design and social media trends. Working closely with the Social Media Creative Manager, this candidate should display an understanding of how to create content that will perform across specific social platforms.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• End-to-end production of social media content – including ideation, script writing, fact-checking and asset creation.
• Create bold, eye-catching, engaging and shareable graphics, video and animated gifs to reflect our brand voice that will be used on The HISTORY Channel's social media platforms.
• Video and photo editing skills are a must.
• Strong script writing and communications skills with the ability to execute editorial judgement independently.
• Ability to elevate available imagery (such as key art or Getty images) to create contemporary, premium looking creative.
• Love of typography and the ability to generate custom content specifically for social media platforms.
• Write scripts and produce virtual events such as Facebook and Instagram Lives.
• Liaising with the publicity team, create social assets for talent to distribute and promote across their social channels.
• Collaborate closely and regularly with the marketing team to ensure creative alignment and create cohesive campaigns across linear, digital and social media.
• Brainstorm creative solutions for projects in adherence with tight timelines, while contributing to a positive, collaborative, highly creative and engaging work environment.
• Stay abreast of new social platforms, tools, design trends and best practices.
• Be creative and develop engaging social media content that is aligned with the brand voice.
• Identify and pull engaging scene lifts from our series and documentaries for use on social media.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite software, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator
• Understanding of industry standard file formats and deliverables for digital and social media.
• Experience using Avid or Premiere and After Effects a plus
• Interactive/motion experience a plus
• Use Photoshop to create or edit images, assets.
• Design graphics in varying formats for social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook).
• Strong video editing and visualization skills.
• Reformatting 16x9 videos into a square forma
Qualifications/Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Digital Media, or a related field
• Minimum 2-3 years relevant work experience creating content for social media and/or marketing.
• Proven experience creating content on behalf of a brand across social and digital platforms.
• Ability to work independently with strong decision making and critical thinking skills. Empowered to make your own decisions.
• Must love entertainment and TV! Don't care how you see it or stream it, but you need to love watching shows, talking about them, and being a true fan of your favorite programs!
• Savvy and knowledgeable about current social media trends. Understanding the content best served on different social media platforms
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment with a high volume of design requests requiring quick turnaround
• Solid understanding of social media platforms and their users (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, etc.)
• Excellent project and time management skills, you learn fast and can accommodate rapid change reacting quickly to new information.
• Ability and willingness to work on deadline and handle multiple tasks at once with a precise and detail-oriented approach.
• Demonstrated willingness to ''roll-up sleeves'' and pitch in.
• Highly creative with a proactive approach to problem-solving
• Ability to create and communicate original conceptual ideas while staying within the parameters of each project.
• Must be collaborative and a vocal brainstormer.
• Innovative and creative thinker, you are always thinking of creative ways of storytelling.
• Proactive, positive, reliable, incredibly dedicated, with tremendous follow-through
• You are a pop culture junkie, obsessed with finding the new social media design trends and being ahead of the curve creatively.
• Interest in history, journalism and passion for how it can be reflected in modern culture is a plus!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5oym-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.