We are seeking a Vice President, Product, E-commerce and Marketplaces, to bring product expertise and vision across our all our e-commerce offerings at Hearst Digital Magazines. This positions will report to the head of Product and Technology team at Hearst Magazines.
The person in this role will be accountable for Product Management and Strategy. In this role you will be responsible for defining and executing new e-commerce projects as well as working with stakeholders and other executives to define the overall strategy for e-commerce across the platform. You will be part of a team responsible for the digital transformation of a world-leading media company.
As VP, Product, E-commerce and Marketplaces, you will work to marry content with curated commerce, to build unique offerings across our many sites. Hearst Magazines has a global audience of 400 million unique digital visitors, with 21 brands in the U.S, including Men's Health, Delish, Runner's World, ELLE, and Cosmopolitan, and close to 200 websites around the world.
Ideal candidates possess big-picture vision yet the drive and attention to detail to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with stakeholders and evangelizing their needs. You balance strategic thinking with outstanding execution – holding yourself and your team accountable to delivering successful outcomes. You quickly build credibility and partner effectively with stakeholders, holding yourself and your team accountable to driving outcomes.
This position is based in New York City at Hearst Tower, the world headquarters of Hearst Communications, Inc.
What you'll do
• Shepherd product roadmap through execution, validation and adoption.
• Monitor and analyze product performance metrics, using this data to improve existing products and identify new opportunities.
• Collaborate with content experience stakeholders to build momentum and alignment behind plans, priorities and tradeoffs.
• Build and mentor a team of product leaders that can coordinate go-to-market launch and post-launch activities, gather customer feedback to validate that the product meets stated metrics and prioritize and deliver necessary enhancements.
• Lead communication between developers, designers, and business stakeholders to resolve conflicts, address dependencies, and remove impediments to delivery.
Who you are
• 10+ years in product management and technology management in the area of consumer facing Web sites for media & entertainment.
• Experienced in and understand the complexity of working in a mature, geographically spread organization
• Have a track record of building relationships with stakeholders, partners, clients and also individual team members.
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required. An MS, MBA, other advanced degree, or equivalent experience is preferred.
• Proven track record of full responsibility through the product life cycle in a fast-paced, Agile environment. Has shipped highly successful products.
• Extensive cross-functional and senior stakeholder exposure and management.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3y6k4-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.