The VP-Marketing role in Hearst Media Solutions requires an experienced marketing professional with a broad skill set, including creative, strategic, leading and managing a staff along with a willingness to work in the trenches on program conception, development, and execution. The ideal candidate will have a proven record ideating original, organic, creative integrated concepts in a fast-paced environment and then packaging those ideas in a manner that will make them a stand out and a must buy to advertising clients. The VP, Marketing should be comfortable in innovating how Hearst brands work with social, video and commerce partners in the digital ecosystem, and how advertising partners can be part of that process.
What you'll do
• Manage a team of approximately 11 marketers who support the needs of a large corporate sales organization in RFP responses, proactive idea development, and other business development activities. The primary category responsibilities are several of Hearst's largest: beauty, fashion, luxury, retail and entertainment. A subset of the team also provides brand marketing support for the Hearst Enthusiast brands (Bicycling, Runner's World and Popular Mechanics).
• Direct the conception, writing, development and implementation of client-focused integrated marketing and promotional projects for Hearst Media Solutions.
• Bring together both internal and external opportunities including digital, social, video, print, branded content and more in strategic, clear and powerful offerings.
• Manage a team of marketers who work closely together on project by project basis, from ideation to negotiation, ultimately working with a post-sale team on turnover to execution.
• Participate in developing overall department strategy on a category by category basis
• Work directly with salespeople and heads of teams on selling and executing integrated programs, as well as senior-level client marketing activities (like Top to Tops and client business reviews).
• Work directly with multiple internal groups including Media Strategy, Account Management, integrated brand marketing teams, Insights and Data, editorial and HearstMade.
• Work to identify potential partnership opportunities with retailers, entertainment, broadcast, promotional companies and other non-Hearst media to enhance department opportunities
• Reports to SVP/Chief Marketing Officer and works collaboratively with a VP – Marketing co-worker in Hearst Media Solutions
on managing overall department workflow.
Who you are
• Minimum 10 years experience in ad sales marketing for major publisher or content marketing organization.
• Excellent copywriting and proposal-writing skills
• Superb organization skills and ability to juggle multiple projects at once
• Requires a hands-on work style willing to roll up their sleeves on program conception, development and execution
• Extremely strong understanding of digital media and the evolving digital landscape.
• Experience managing and motivating multiple levels of creative marketing staff
• Must have professional demeanor, be highly creative, highly collaborative and have ability to contribute in high-level meetings. Must be resourceful, self-motivated, a team player, and ability to work in fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Ideal candidate will have the drive and ingenuity to develop new and innovative business-generating ideas
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqmk69-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.