New York, NY
Technical Product Manager
As a Technical Product Manager for Hearst Television, you'll bring together your excitement for local storytelling with your honed skills in digital product management to help drive the product roadmap for one of the largest news and media organizations in the country. We own and operate 33 television stations and two radio stations, reaching 21 million U.S. television households across 39 states. Our stations operate web and mobile platforms which reach 40 million unique visitors every month. We create memorable consumer experiences on iOS, Android, OTT and websites in addition to ensuring a smooth workflow for our content teams via an in-house CMS.
We're looking for a product manager who's no stranger to full lifecycle product development. You're comfortable working alongside engineering and program colleagues to tackle challenges together and maintain forward momentum. You can synthesize technical documentation with your vision for user experience. If you know how to break down complex end goals into iterations that make sense for developers and stakeholders-- you're the teammate we're looking for!
• Write requirements, refine use cases and steer development of our suite of consumer and internal products
• Optimize business outcomes by prioritizing both overall projects and individual features
• Deliver products on time by working alongside project, program and engineering team members
• Summarize performance of product initiatives to stakeholders by analyzing data and analytics
• You understand the pros and cons behind build vs buy. You can work with internal team members to craft creative solutions to problems. But you're also familiar with vendor landscaping, identifying players in a space, honing in on technical needs and requirements, and even negotiating terms with potential partners.
• You can pivot on a dime. As the local media space changes, you'll adapt quickly and restack priorities to meet a changing landscape.
• Comprehension of technical approaches to solve for product features. You can, for example, evaluate documentation of a third party API to understand if it meets a need, and then write requirements to interface with the API.
• Advanced technical troubleshooting skills (HTTP proxy monitoring, browser dev tools, etc)
Experience & Qualifications:
• College degree preferred
• 3+ years of Agile product management experience
• Experience in the media space and understanding of content-based, ad supported business models is a plus
• Functional experience and understanding of a variety of platforms (web, iOS and Android native apps, OTT platforms, video streaming and playback)
• Successfully led the development of new products and/or have achieved exceptional results in a new product or feature launch
• Excellent communication and delegation skills.
• Experience in Cloud platforms like GCP, AWS etc.
• Experience working with global teams and remote collaboration
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.