PT Technical Operator
Part Time Technical Operator
KCCI employees change the world with their work.
Our journalists produce award-winning content that helps consumers makes sense of their community.
Our sales team delivers strategic advertising solutions to help local businesses fulfill their dreams.
Our engineering team enjoys world-class technology and understands how it supports our overall mission to inform, entertain, and support our local communities. The KCCI team also cares deeply about their friends and neighbors. Every year their collective work raises thousands of dollars and awareness for local charitable causes.
If you are motivated by working with a talented award-winning team of professionals, look no further!
KCCI has an opening for Part Time Technical Operator for our station's live, fast-paced newscasts. The ideal candidate would have beginning experience operating professional video cameras, audio, or potentially master control equipment. The right candidate will possess a creative and winning attitude. This a hands-on position in a news-oriented broadcast environment. Des Moines is ranked as one of America's best cities to live and raise a family. Located in the heart of Iowa, KCCI-TV is the lead source for the latest local headlines and live alerts. What we do helps our community. If you are motivated by working with a talented award-winning team of professionals, look no further! Best of all, you'll become part of Hearst Television, one of the premier broadcast companies in the country. With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
• Operate broadcast studio or master control equipment, which can include cameras, switchers, audio consoles or master control/Ops software. Work early morning weekday and weekend shifts, for production of live newscasts.
• An aptitude for teamwork, and attention to detail.
• Consistent availability to work on mornings, weekends and holidays.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
• Must have a background in broadcast television systems
• Some college education or related military experience is preferred. Current students are welcome.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8z4w9-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.