Associate Commerce Editor, Country Living
About Country Living
Country Living delivers useful, actionable advice related to all the comforts of home (design, food, pets, gardening) alongside soulful and spirited how-tos that embrace slowing down and living well. Our ''small-town'' community of millions of highly engaged print, online, and social readers knows that how you live is more important than where you live, and that Country Living is a breath of fresh air delivered whenever, wherever you need it.
As the authority on extraordinary design, Veranda delivers the very best in decorating, outdoor living, luxury travel, and lifestyle content, with ideas, tips and tricks from leading designers around the world to make your home feel as good as it looks. Whether you're looking for ways to liven up your living room or need help choosing the perfect paint color, you'll find your solution here. This is where extraordinary design lives.
NOTE: For us to consider you, please submit your resume in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to your portfolio.
The Staff Photographer at Country Living and Veranda will serve as a vital part of all aspects of both brands' visual direction through photography and video.
What you'll do:
• Work with the Design Directors to maintain the look of the magazines and digital properties while continuing to push our visual identities.
• Work with the Photo Department to plan and execute photo and video shoots.
• Shoot photography and video of homes, lifestyle, decorating, crafts, and food content platforms in our Birmingham, Alabama, studio and kitchen, as well as on location.
• Process images.
• Manage photo equipment inventory.
Who you are:
• You have extensive experience photographing food, interiors, portraits, and other visual imagery needed for use in print, digital, marketing, and social initiatives.
• You have studio and location experience.
• You take direction and work well within a team environment as well as individually.
• You are proficient in lighting systems, camera hardware, Capture One and Camera Grip, and Adobe Creative Suite.
• You maintain editing, processing, retouching, color correcting, and archiving all files in an organized manner.
• You are able to juggle multiple day-to-day responsibilities that are time-sensitive and require a high level of attention to detail.
• You have strong time management, communication, and interpersonal skills-and above all-are fun(!) with a positive and professional can-do attitude. No job is too big or small, you're willing to help out and do what it takes to get the shot!
• You have at least five years of professional photography experience.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.