- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Who We Are
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with iconic and innovative brands that reach more than 150 million readers every month in the United States alone. But we're more than just our iconic magazines, such as Cosmopolitan, Harper's BAZAAR, Esquire, ELLE, and Popular Mechanics. We're a cutting-edge content distribution platform and proprietary data lab that's reinventing what publishing and media means in the 21st century.
Hearst is at once a global leader with a startup mindset, deeply invested in both team collaboration and in individual growth, with regular access to senior leadership. We believe ideas can come from anywhere and any level and we strive to create an environment where all voices are heard, valued, and encouraged.
The impact you'll have
As a Staff Accountant for Hearst Magazines, you will play a critical role in the running of our financial operations across all our brands. Your organizational skills along with your solid accounting basis will make you a key contributor to the team.
What you'll do
• Monthly reporting and reconciliation of royalties earned from various international partners.
• Communication and invoicing of inter-company transactions
• Invoicing of editorial material to worldwide partners.
• Cash application & preparation of payments relating to inter-company and editorial material.
• Daily, weekly and monthly reporting on various items such as cash and accounts receivable.
• Month end close journal entries
• General Ledger Account Reconciliations
• Special projects as needed
Who you are
• You have 0-2 years of relevant work experience
• You have experience with Excel/Smart View
• You are experience with debits/credits, income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow
• You have strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively and build relationships across all levels of management
• You have ability to interpret legal documents to ensure the financial terms of the license agreements are being followed
• You are a self-starter who needs minimal guidance and you work well in a fast-paced environment
• You are known for being detail-oriented, deliverable focused, and well-organized
• You have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkmqk-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.