Hearst Magazine's Enthusiast Group (Bicycling, Popular Mechanics, Runner's World, and Best Products) is seeking a special projects editor. This dynamic role is the lead editor for the origination, planning, creation, editing, and distribution of content. The special projects editor will work with every team in our group (Service and News, Features, Test, Commerce, Social, Membership, Photo and Design) as well as with our editorial director. This job will be based in our Easton, PA, offices; we will not be able to consider remote candidates. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
* Strategically drive programs such as our successful and ongoing Run Streak and Runners Alliance initiatives
* Lead key expansive-content initiatives such as our online branded merchandise shops, consumer calendars, and plan-based content centers for training (for Bicycling and Runner's World) and how-to projects (for Popular Mechanics)
* Oversee the creation of comprehensive guides (such as Bicycling's guide to gravel riding) and high-value, deeply vertical content programs (such as ''badass machines'' for Popular Mechanics)
* Assist scramble-speed across the group wherever and whenever needed to help us serve the shifting demands and needs of our audience-from, for example, a higher cadence of military content for Apple News+ to rounding out product selections in our commerce efforts.
Who you are:
* The ideal candidate combines an editing and writing background with several years of experience as a metric-driven digital editor, social editor, or site director, and has an affinity for and knowledge of one or more areas of deepest interest to our group's audiences (running, cycling, home and yard DIY and repair, science and tech, and math).
* 5+ years experience in editing, writing, content creation and distribution, with experience in active lifestyle or enthusiast brands a plus
* Must be able to manage feedback from multiple parties and accommodate fast-changing priorities
* Able to manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
* Must be able to work flexible hours as needed
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roomk3-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.