Media Platforms is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Rex team, a dynamic group of cross-functional engineers who work on the backbone of Hearst's top-tier video and content distribution systems. From designing and building our next generation platform to ensuring the quality and uptime of our existing systems, the ideal candidate to join this group values best-in-class technology, extremely supportive peers, and the autonomy to find the right solution for every problem.
What You'll Do:
• Build the next generation of our world class video publishing system using industry leading providers and technologies.
• Work on a high throughput content distribution platform serving Hearst's many acclaimed brands.
• Participate in product and software design discussions, working directly with other engineers, product and design teams, DevOps, and other stakeholders.
• Use well-reasoned, appropriate design patterns and best practices.
Who You Are:
• You take initiative to constantly improve individually and as a part of a team.
• You have 3-5 years of experience building web applications and services.
• You have the ability to take a feature to full completion – from inception through design, implementation, delivery, and post-release in an iterative agile environment.
• You have experience with server-side programming in Python, Go, or other similar languages. You're not tied to a specific language or technology and you're able to quickly adapt and learn new skills.
• You have experience designing database schemas, querying for data, and optimizing existing queries in PostgreSQL.
• You write tests to improve the quality, modularity, and maintainability of your code.
• You have an understanding of, and experience with, concurrency and asynchronous programming and relational and non-relational databases and data models.
• You have a CS degree or equivalent real-world experience and knowledge of CS fundamentals.
Bonus Points! Experience with:
• Cloud development - Amazon AWS and Google Cloud
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gke7ok-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.