Esquire is seeking a Social Media Motion Designer to help with the design for Esquire's Social Media platforms. In your role as a Junior/Mid-Level social media designer, your day-to-day tasks will consist of taking direction from the digital design director and working closely with our social media editor to define requirements, iterate on design/animation solutions, and contribute expertise for our all of our social platforms.
One of the key aspects of your role is creating digital assets for a wide range of platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Youtube and the website.
What You'll Do:
As our Social Media Motion Designer, your responsibilities will include designing digital assets, testing them, and optimizing them based on their performance. Responsibilities also include staying up to date on industry trends and the latest digital design/animation software.
More responsibilities in detail:
• Participate in design discussions and give feedback during planning and strategy meetings.
• Quickly translate ideas into sketches, mockups, and interactive prototypes.
• Test assets and optimize based on their performance.
• Iterate new designs and animations based on design director's feedback.
• Create digital assets (both design and motion) for a range of platforms (social, website etc.).
• Research industry trends to present ideas and concepts for timely digital innovation.
Who We're Looking For:
• 2-3 years of professional design experience (work in digital/publishing is a plus)
• Experience in the design/motion thinking process, agile development, and lean startup methodologies.
• Must have excellent time management skills and be able to multitask to complete tasks at high volume.
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
• Expertise with standard digital/motion design tools, including Adobe Aftereffects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator. (Knowledge in the following areas is a plus: Cinema 4D, color correction software, and DaVinci Resolve)
• Animation and video editing expertise is required as well as strong knowledge in graphic design and typography.
• Strong knowledge of current digital design best practices in social media production techniques.
• Experience with user-centered design and motion, rapid prototyping, and user testing.
• A good understanding of visual design principles.
• Proven digital content skills.
• Experience creating digital assets for a variety of target audiences.
• Strong portfolio showing the breadth of digital design and motion capabilities.
Candidates who do not submit a resume in a .doc or .pdf format with a reel and work samples will not be considered.
The base salary for this role is between $57,000 and $65,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reby72-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.