Performance Marketing Associate
Hearst's Enthusiast Group is looking for a social media editor for Popular Mechanics, Runner's World, and Bicycling Magazine. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer with about three years of experience managing social channels and a passion for our brand values. This is a key role for creating meaningful connections with readers, initiating conversations on newsy topics, and evaluating the vitality of each user action on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Please note that for consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Manage social media accounts, including Facebook and Instagram
• Write link posts and social-first original content that reflect a distinctive social voice, sharp copy, and POV
• Discover commerce products that will create connections between our brands and social audiences
• Promote memberships and exclusive content
• Engage with active members in exclusive social groups
• Optimize article headlines, captions, and images for social promotion
• Spot trends, potential sources, and story ideas in your social listening
• Create timely, relevant, engaging, and thoughtful Instagram posts
• Manage sponsored content/posts/stories and programmatic/commerce content across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Support coaches, pros, experts for content, takeovers, etc.
• Coordinate with editors, writers, designers, photo team, sales, and leadership for daily tasks and special projects
Who you are:
• You have about 3 years of experience managing social media pages
• You have about 3 years of writing experience
• You have expertise in or passion for running and/or cycling
• You have hands-on knowledge of digital media tools, such as Photoshop, Google Analytics, and content management systems
• You have a bachelor's degree in journalism, digital media studies, communications, or related fields from an accredited college or university, or equivalent, with a record that demonstrates suitable preparation for this role
• You are able to work autonomously from a remote office while maintaining open communication and a collaborative spirit with the team
• You have strong editorial judgment, writing skills, and understanding of media ethics
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.