Hearst Magazines' portfolio of more than 25 powerful brands in the US-including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics-inspires, entertains, and builds new and bold experiences for an engaged and growing audience across digital, video, social, and print, reaching nearly 139 million readers and site visitors each month. With sophisticated content creation, cutting-edge technology, and industry-leading data capabilities, we make media and products that move people across all platforms.
We are a global media company that publishes nearly 260 magazine editions and 200 websites around the world and, together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Why House Beautiful?
House Beautiful is dedicated to bringing you the best in inspiration and education for your home. Founded in 1896, we are the oldest continually published design magazine in the United States, and we are proud to carry on the legacy of great design that was started 127 years ago. Whether you're hiring a designer for a complete redecoration or dipping your toes in DIY, you'll find smart tips and designer-tested ideas across our magazine pages, website, and videos.
House Beautiful is seeking an ace writer and producer to contribute SEO-optimized stories for HouseBeautiful.com. The ideal SEO editor candidate is obsessed with all things home and adept at researching and reporting on deadline. The ability to juggle multiple stories at once, deliver clean and factual copy, and hit deadlines-all essential. You'll be responsible for reporting on the performance of your stories and pivoting regularly with learnings, so flexibility and an interest in brand growth are important too!
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work. This position is based in New York City; unfortunately, we will not be able to consider remote workers.
What you'll do:
• Produce/write/edit SEO content across all HouseBeautiful.com verticals, including (but not limited to) design, lifestyle, gardening, home-keeping, organization, news, etc.; output: 2 to 5 pieces of content a day.
• Assist the SEO manager and deputy dditor, digital, with SEO strategy development and implementation, working with internal and external resources to develop strategic recommendations for improving search traffic and helping to create monthly SEO lineups
• Report on performance of personal SEO output as well as overall team output on a weekly basis, pitching pivots and optimizations and tracking long-term growth
• Monitor natural search traffic and ranking trends, and provide content optimization recommendations to editors in order to enforce best practices
• Review daily content lineups to ensure internal linking and content optimization follows best practices
• Facilitate SEO strategy discussions and brainstorming sessions with print and digital editors to identify opportunities that will translate into search-traffic growth
• Answer day-to-day SEO questions from staff editors and writers
• Assist with trainings in SEO best practice and tools, and with managing SEO documentation
• Assist with relevant SEO reporting and analysis, including keyword research, competitive gap analysis, tracking, and trend analysis.
Who you are:
• 3 to 4 years of post-grad experience pitching, writing, and producing SEO content for a digital media brand, preferably in the home and decor space
• Strong writer and reporter who can work quickly and hit a deadline
• Experienced in writing about design, lifestyle, gardening, home-keeping, organization, and/or news; personally passionate about some of these topics
• A data lover, willing to dig into site metrics to optimize future content
• Hyper-organized and meticulous
• A great communicator and team player
The base salary for this role is between $66,000 and $77,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjp30w-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.