HarpersBazaar.com is looking for a senior social media editor who can oversee and grow the brand's many digital platforms: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Shapchat, Apple News, and more. The candidate will manage our associate news and social media editor and work on all day-to-day operations critical to Bazaar's social strategy.
This candidate should have experience managing large social audiences and producing creative social content, and have a passion for all things Bazaar: fashion, beauty, culture, and celebrity.
This role reports to the digital director.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you will do:
• Oversee and post to Bazaar's Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts
• Manage the creation and execution of Bazaar's daily issues of Snapchat
• Work with Apple News to create dynamic experiences for the iPhone and iPad reader, plus handle strategy around push notifications for the brand
• Monitor social media platforms and communicate audience feedback
• Work with various editorial teams to create and execute on social-first initiatives
• Develop new and innovative strategies for growing Bazaar's social presence
• Manage the associate social media and news editor
Who you are:
• A social media editor with five plus years of professional social media experience, strong editorial judgment, clean writing skills, and a year of staff management experience
• A fashion pro who has experience handling social media for a fashion (or beauty) magazine, website, or brand and understands the specific Bazaar voice
• Someone who loves spotting and trying the newest social trends
• A savvy strategist who knows how to utilize social platforms (including TikTok, Twitch, and other emerging platforms) and tools like SocialFlow, Google Analytics, and Dash Hudson
• A lover of fast-paced, collaborative environments
• Able to work nights and weekends as needed
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rekny8-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.