Senior Shooter/Editor, Cosmo (Video)
Hearst Magazines' portfolio of more than 25 powerful brands in the US-including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics-inspires, entertains, and builds new and bold experiences for an engaged and growing audience across digital, video, social, and print, reaching nearly 139 million readers and site visitors each month. With sophisticated content creation, cutting-edge technology, and industry-leading data capabilities, we make media and products that move people across all platforms.
We are a global media company that publishes nearly 260 magazine editions and 200 websites around the world and, together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Cosmopolitan is hiring a video editor and shooter to join our video team! This person must excel in a fast-paced environment and be able to balance multiple projects simultaneously. The right candidate will use their creative eye and organizational skills to help us create video content with a fresh, nuanced, and inclusive perspective. The person will have a key role in shaping the story for videos in a wide range of topics, including social justice and politics, beauty, pop culture, relationships and more. This role reports to the Executive Producer.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work. This position is based in New York City; unfortunately, we will not be able to consider remote workers.
What you'll do:
• Use Adobe Premiere Pro to edit content for a variety of video and social platforms.
• Take notes and direction from producers and the editorial team and implement feedback quickly.
• Assist in managing the publishing calendar and editing workload and troubleshoot any technical issues for the team.
• Participate in group brainstorms for shoot creative and preproduction.
• Work closely with producers to maintain high production value during preproduction, production, and postproduction.
• Understand and implement best practices for media storage and work in an organized manner.
• Shoot in a variety of creative styles, according to the storytelling needed for each project. This includes documentary style, sit-down interviews, and stylized beauty or lifestyle shoots.
• Assist in the management and maintenance of Cosmopolitan's camera and lighting equipment.
Who you are:
• An experienced editor with a positive attitude and the ability to work calmly under pressure. You have expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, including experience troubleshooting media storage and Adobe Creative Suite issues.
• Bonus if you have experience in After Effects
• 6 to 7 years of hands-on postproduction experience, preferably with some time spent in digital media; bachelor's degree required. This role is a senior-level position.
• An organized person, with a strong understanding of production and post-production workflows as well as social media platform deliverables.
• You have a keen sense of what content and editing styles are trending throughout digital media and film, and you're super into pop culture.
• You're a team player, willing to take feedback and contribute creatively with your original ideas and perspective.
• You have a proficient understanding of the following cameras: Sony FS7, Panasonic Eva1, Panasonic Gh5, Sony A7, or Canon C300
• You have familiarity with audio mixing and color grading/correction.
• You can carry 50 lbs of equipment
• You must be flexible with working hours
The base salary for this role is between $74,000-$89,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy2jwq-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.