Food & Culture Editor, Delish
New York, NY
Women's Health is looking for a full-time senior health editor with sharp editing skills and a deep understanding of and passion for the current health and wellness space to help develop actionable and engaging health content across all our platforms (print, digital, etc.).
Women's Health is dedicated to helping women live their happiest, healthiest lives. We produce digital, print, and social content across multiple pillars including health, fitness, beauty, sex & love, and news. Please note: For consideration for this position, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Top-edit health content ranging from explainers to long-form health features
• Assign health stories to outside contributors as well as junior staffers
• Work with the health & fitness director to set health lineups and pitch a variety of health content across categories
• Write health articles; interview experts, analyze studies, translate medical jargon into understandable content, etc.
• Inform WH's strategy and breadth of coverage through a profound knowledge
of the current health industry and a sense of the future landscapes
Who you are:
• You have at least 5 years of post-grad experience with editing and writing content for consumer publications, print and digital; a background in health reporting and/or fact-checking is a plus
• You have experience editing service pieces and health -related stories
• You are interested in health and wellness topics and have a passion for helping more people understand and access health content
• You know SEO best practices and are able to use Google Analytics or other tools
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5v43-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.