Men's Health is seeking a smart, enthusiastic Senior Editor to shape entertainment and lifestyle coverage across all channels of the Men's Health brand-including web, print, social, and video.
The ideal candidate would combine an editing and/or writing background with an affinity for entertainment and pop culture, style and grooming, and men's lifestyle interests and trends. The ideal candidate would be equally comfortable assigning and editing breaking news stories for web; tackling long-lead service packages and long form features for print; and brainstorming ideas and approving cuts for our growing slate of video series.
Qualified candidates have 5-7 years of professional experience in journalism, publishing, creative services, and/or content creation.
Please note: for consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll do:
• Conceive, assign, and edit a wide range of stories in a wide range of formats, from quick news hits to profiles, essays, and features.
• Top-edit select stories and mentor junior staff writers and editors to foster strong interviewing, editing, and headline-writing skills.
• Collaborate with the video team to shape our growing slate of series.
• Surface compelling, untold stories and respond nimbly to cultural conversations with stories that will generate buzz.
• Seek, manage, and grow relationships with both established writers and up-and-coming voices to contribute to print and web.
• Write relevant news coverage, essays, or profiles as needed.
Who You Are
• You have at least 5-7 years of experience editing or writing in journalism, publishing, creative services, and/or content creation.
• You have a background in covering pop culture; movies, TV, streaming, music, sports, podcasts, and/or books.
• You have strong skills as an editor, tightening and crafting copy.
• You excel at producing content with digital-friendly language.
• You are well-versed in using Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, and other audience engagement tools
• You are open to experimenting with content types to create appropriate content for a digital audience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7z6q-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.