Oprah Daily is seeking a Senior Director, Wellness with extensive experience assigning, editing, and top editing health and wellness features. As Senior Director, Wellness, you will report to the Executive Editor and oversee all health and mental health coverage on multiple platforms. Familiarity with scientific and psychotherapeutic literacy is a must in this role, along with access to doctors, experts, and practitioners across the fields of psychiatry, psychology, neuroscience, and emerging psychotherapeutic fields. This position will sit at the intersection of science, psychology, spirituality, and movement.
• Assign and edit features
• Manage a team of mid-level and junior editors
• Regularly dig into the data and conduct competitive analysis to find content gaps and identity key content opportunities, with an eye to the Oprah audience
• Must have deep understanding of the health and wellness landscape
• Must have best reporting practices and scientific literacy
• Oversee long-lead and health coverage as well as SEO health content, and sponsored health condition content
• Be a seasoned trendspotter and packager of all content-including trending news, primers and first-person accounts
• You have 10+ years of digital or print media experience, with a focus on wellness
• You have a passion for the Oprah brand-and for our editorial mission to support our audience's goals to live with purpose
• You are able to work on deadline in a fast-paced environment
• You are collaborative, have a problem-solving mind-set
• You love great storytelling
The base salary for this role is between $145,000 and $174,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqzwez-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.