Hearst Magazines is seeking a Senior Designer to join the creative team working on licensed products across all Hearst magazine brands. This position will work closely with the Creative Director, Licensing to create: packaging, websites, and marketing collateral. In this position, you will work in a fast-paced environment and in close partnership with the creative and consumer marketing teams to create best in class design for Hearst Magazines brands. This will require flexibility and creativity in aptly understanding the voice, tone, and needs of each brand.
What You'll Do:
• Oversee assigned design projects, from conception to deliver, for individual Hearst brands with multi-platform executions (email, websites, printed ads, social platforms, and physical ventures)
• Support the Creative Director and collaborate with departmental teams to create engaging and dynamic graphic elements
• Guide and advise fellow employees in the creative process to foster stronger working relationships and solutions (junior designer, interns, etc.)
• Understand the marketplace, assessing where Hearst brands stand against competitors and ensure that we are ahead of the curve
• Be able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and be self-motivated
• Organize and coordinate incoming creative requests by keeping track of deadlines and assets
• Stay up-to-date with industry trends, developments, and tools
Who You Are:
• Strong, conceptual thinker who possesses a solid background in print, digital, branding, typography, collateral, signage, web, and social platforms
• Graphic Design degree (BFA)
• Four+ years' experience as Designer at a leading ad agency, design studio, or corporation (licensing experience a plus)
• Proficiency with Adobe Suite (Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop). After Effects knowledge a plus!
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
• Familiarity with pop culture, fashion, and trends
• Possess solid presentation, listening, and communication skills
• Strong grasp of design principles: including typography, color, imagery, and composition
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot quickly
• Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and communicate progress
• Manage job files and outputs: Maintain job files and the overall organization of team deliverables
• A sense of humor and a positive attitude
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbj8xo-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.