- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Hearst Magazines is looking for a Senior Accountant to play a critical role in the running of our financial operations across all our brands.
What you'll do
• Assist in tracking and analyzing contracts for proper revenue recognition for contracts containing multi-element arrangements and various methods of revenue recognition: flat fees, time & materials, and percentage of completion. Identifying and allocating contract elements to the proper service line revenue.
• Work with project managers to monitor monthly percentage of completion and certifying such quarterly.
• Maintain monthly schedules to reconcile to Oracle GL.
• Provide support to department managers and other finance personnel in the preparation, understanding and use of financial information.
• Manage the month-end-close billing process accurately and timely in conjunction with corporate deadlines.
• Compile Nexelus data at month end and tie to biller tracking, investigate reconciling differences with the billing team.
• Investigate Media or Commissions activity not billed on a timely basis.
• Journal Entry Processing
• Foreign unit Balance Sheet review
• Balance Sheet Variance explanations
Who you are
• BS Degree in Accounting
• 2+ years of relevant work experience
• Experience with Excel/Smart View
• Experience with debits/credits, income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively and build relationships across all levels of management
• Self-starter who is detail-oriented, deliverable focused, and well-organized
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d970b4-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.