Put your knowledge, strategic leadership, and experience to work as a Regional Director of Engineering overseeing the technical, IT and maintenance operations of a group of Hearst Television properties. In this role, you will oversee and mentor a group of Director of Engineers at assigned stations in collaboration with the corporate technology leadership team. You will be a part of a high performing team focused on leading the company's technology and deployment efforts. This position will also manage assigned partner relationships to ensure optimal and cost-efficient support. In-office presence is required.
• Participate in developing the operational and technological strategy and direction for Hearst Television.
• Oversee all operational and technical aspects of an assigned group of medium & large market operations.
• Assist by helping local and corporate team research, develop and execute technical projects and objectives.
• Support the preparation and presentation of assigned local and corporate capital budgets.
• Partner with local leadership to ensure compliance with enterprise, FCC, OSHA, EPA, and other State, Local and Federal requirements.
• Ensure station technical projects are appropriately supported through collaboration with various internal and external partners.
• Travel regularly to assigned locations as needed and directed.
• Actively assist in the recruiting, vetting and hiring of technical talent.
• A minimum of 5+ years broadcast engineering management experience as a DoE, Chief Engineer or Tech Manager.
• Related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Understanding of high and low power RF transmission equipment and building infrastructure.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Defense Information School (DINFOS) or other related military training and experience will be considered.
• Skilled communicator with internal and external partners.
• Mentor mindset to support engineering staff.
• Strong computer/IT skills.
• Use of innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems.
• Ability to thrive under pressure and provide sound direction and leadership in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, maintain corporate standards, policies, and procedures.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as a team member.
• Ability to climb ladders, navigate building infrastructures and access small and obscure locations.
• Must possess a valid driver's license.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvp737-3-237-29-69-42 in your application.