ThePioneerWoman.com is looking for a recipe developer to join our new Birmingham-based food team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team at the ground level.
The recipe developer will work directly with the site's test kitchen director to steer recipe content for this fast-growing digital brand, with an eye for SEO and food trends. She or he will also help maintain our new test kitchen, write recipes and intros with precision and accuracy; and pitch and contribute to digital food packages that our loyal readers and fans will love.
Candidates should have a culinary degree and/or substantial professional kitchen experience, as well as experience developing recipes and working in print and/or digital publishing. For consideration, a resume must be submitted as a PDF, along with a cover letter and salary requirements.
What you'll do:
• Research digital food trends relevant to TPW audience and pitch creative recipe ideas and food packages
• Independently develop and test recipes for the site and social media platforms
• Write optimized SEO recipe intros, including recipe keywords and hyperlinks, and compelling heds and deks
• Enter recipes into TPW content management system with an eye for accuracy and detail
• Maintain and update project management documents for digital team leaders
• Prepare expense reports for test kitchen purchases
• Stock Test Kitchen pantry and source groceries for recipe development
Who you are:
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, creative writing, communications, or business
• Culinary degree or 2+ years professional kitchen experience (ideally savory and pastry)
• 1 to 3 years' experience in food media with a published portfolio of developed recipes and headnotes (some digital experience preferred)
• Experience with recipe testing; recipe editing a plus
• Experience using content management systems and managing spreadsheets
• Familiarity with recipe keyword research and search-engine optimization
• Demonstrated interest in digital food content and social media
• Strong writing skills (SEO intros and recipe headnotes)
• Strong project management and communication skills
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjnwkb-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.