Hearst Media Production Group is seeking an experienced Production Accountant who is results oriented, resourceful, self-motivated and can manage multiple deliverables. Candidate must be capable of working at a detailed level, in an environment which requires a hands-on approach, along with possessing strong time-management skills and the ability to adhere to critical deadlines. Candidate must also possess excellent analytical and critical thinking skills. Candidate should have a thorough understanding of employment and accounting standards.
This position reports to the Production Controller and based in Burbank, CA.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Collaborate with production management to onboarding all cast and crew across multiple shows
• Process weekly payroll
• Complete new show setup in production system
• Track talent payments
• Submit new credit card, petty cash and funding requests
• Enter and submit POs, invoices, and expense reimbursements
• Request new vendors, notifying when new vendors are on in system
• Collaborate with corporate HR to requests independent contractor approvals
• Assist employees with weekly expense reports
• Monthly reconciliation of credit card expenses
• Prepare and upload credit card journal entries
• 2+ years of experience in production accounting
• Experience with accounting and payroll software required
• Experience with production accounting and payroll software (Luca, Extreme Reach, eTribez) preferred
• Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP)
• Basic familiarity with SAG/AFTRA rules and standards a plus
• Strong understanding of economic and banking processes
• Strong ability to prioritize and plan work activities within a fast paced, demanding environment
• Must be detail oriented and possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Possesses ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Strong analytical, quantitative and financial skills
• Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
• Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or related field preferred
• HMPG is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
About Hearst Media Production Group
Hearst Media Production Group (HMPG), a business unit of Hearst Television, is an independent producer and distributor of original programming for TV stations, broadcast and cable networks and streaming services. HMPG produces hundreds of hours of programming annually across linear, streaming, digital and social media platforms for domestic and international distribution in nearly 100 countries. Its popular shows include ''Matter of Fact with Soledad O'Brien,'' America's #1 syndicated political program; the Emmy Award-winning educational/informational (E/I) programming blocks airing weekends nationwide including ''Weekend Adventure,'' on ABC stations; ''CBS Dream Team,'' on the CBS Network; ''The More You Know,'' on the NBC Network; ''One Magnificent Morning,'' on The CW Network; ''Mi Telemundo'' on the Telemundo Network and ''Go Time!'' on independent stations. HMPG also distributes a diverse slate of other programming and content including ''Law&Crime Daily,'' ''Prime Crime,'' ''Consumer Reports TV,'' and the company's dedicated FAST channels ''Xplore'' and ''The Jack Hanna Channel,'' available on some of the most popular smart TVs and streaming platforms.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqyeym-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.