Hearst Magazines Job Description - Product Manager for Video
We are seeking an exceptional Product Manager to lead a team focused on building video services for the platform that will power the next generation of media. The Product Manager for Video will play an integral role in growing the video business by working with editorial leadership, design and engineering to deliver new video experiences for Hearst Magazines brands.
You will have the opportunity to work with world-renowned brands, including Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Men's Health, ELLE, Oprah, Runner's World and Harpers BAZAAR, together with hundreds of brands and editorial teams who create content for hundreds of millions of monthly active users.
You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to build a video experiences and execute delivery of new features and improvements. The candidate will engage with stakeholders, designers and developers to plan upcoming features and communicate regularly with the revenue team to track KPIs and optimize preroll performance.
Ideal candidates possess big-picture vision yet the drive and attention to detail to make that vision a reality. You balance strategic thinking with outstanding execution - holding yourself and your team accountable for delivering successful outcomes.
You enjoy solving complex business problems at the core of the digital transformation of a world-leading media company. You are creative and capable of formulating bold product initiatives. You have the aptitude for identifying white space in the market, constructing means to validate your ideas and can articulate complicated concepts to your team and stakeholders. You understand the work that goes into crafting great editorial content but you strive to make the process of publishing digital content feel easy and intuitive.
• Leadership. You take responsibility from inception to outcomes. Determining needs, aligning priorities, delivering to the market and measuring outcomes.
• Customer-focused. You understand the market and look for unmet needs. You love to create and deliver outstanding products that delight customers, with a passion for constant innovation.
• Highly collaborative. You build trust and strong relationships at all levels, influence without formal authority, push back when appropriate, earn respect and respect the contributions of others.
• Excellent communicator. You can articulate the product strategy and roadmap and describe how the problem at hand aligns with those objectives. You are experienced and comfortable gaining alignment and in presenting to senior executives.
• Strategic thinker. You convert business objectives into clear product plans and follow through on execution.
• Analytic and results orientated. You can use both hard and soft data to assess opportunities. You are metrics-driven, and ruthless about prioritizing work to move those metrics. You are comfortable gathering data from multiple sources and synthesizing it into accessible information for nontechnical stakeholders.
• An owner and a motivator. You take the initiative, set the context, listen and find compromises. You push for clarity. You are hard working and accountable.
• Product and user focus. You work with implementation teams to adapt to technical constraints without compromising end-user solutions.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and change. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, concurrently managing multiple initiatives across multiple scrum teams.
• 3+ years in Digital product management, with expertise in managing consumer-facing products or digital media properties
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Data analysis and experimentation
• Ability to multi-task and context-switch across teams and projects
• Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
• Experience building software with a design and development team
• Experience optimizing user experiences and workflows
• Experience with executive-level stakeholder management
• Experience writing and maintaining product requirements
• General knowledge about the digital video and the media/publishing space
• Experience working in digital media, publishing and advertising
• Experience working in a related video role such as production, post-production, software development, publishing, broadcast media, social media, etc.
• Knowledge of standard video and audio media properties and specifications
• Knowledge of video encoding, packaging and delivery technologies
• Experience with closed captions or audio descriptions
• Experience working with HTML5 video players
• Experience with design thinking, usability best practices and UI/UX optimization
• Experience with display ads, linear ads (pre-roll, mid-roll, post-roll) or ad operations
• Querying with APIs and SQL
• Build vs buy research and analysis
• Experience working on a team with Scrum/Agile processes
• Experience building features/products that integrate across multiple services
• Experience with QA best practices and establishing test requirements (compatibility, integration, regression, performance, etc.)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g626n9-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.