Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, Car and Driver, Road & Track, Runner's World, and many more. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing media for the 21st century.
Hearst's Media Platforms division (www.mediaplatforms.hearst.com) is Hearst's internal product, technology and design group, which spans both CDS Global and Hearst Magazines.
Hearst's Media Platforms division is seeking an exceptional Product Manager to own and develop a set of tools designed to support Hearst Magazine Media's paid audience strategy. This role will have the opportunity to work directly with data professionals, designers, software engineers, content creators, and expert traffic buyers, supporting the business activities of Hearst Magazines Media's Performance Marketing team. With the resources of a dedicated software development team, this Product Manager will build innovative technology solutions that will drive significant revenue for Hearst Magazines and will directly influence the direction of this exciting and rapidly changing area of the business, which we internally refer to as ''LIFT.''
Ideal candidates understand big-picture vision yet have the drive and attention to detail to execute, ship, and iterate on complex features and functionality. They will participate in all aspects of the Agile development process, and will be responsible for turning business requirements into easily understood epics, stories and acceptance criteria. They will leverage the resources of a successful, well-known business combined with the nimbleness and forward-looking feel of a startup.
This position will be remote to start per COVID protocols, but can be based in New York City, Pennsylvania, California, or Michigan for a return to office later.
What you'll do:
• You will own the set of tools that support Performance Marketing at Hearst Magazines, in particular within the context of Hearst Magazine Media's publishing platform, which powers all of its consumer-facing websites.
• You will be the product owner for a full-stack development team, participating in SCRUM ceremonies and owning all epics, stories, and associated research, documentation, and other artifacts.
• You will define and communicate a Performance Marketing product roadmap that is aligned with company goals and supported by business cases, market research, customer data, technical capabilities, and competitive analysis.
• You will collaborate with Performance Marketing stakeholders in order to build momentum and alignment on a shared vision, and shepherd product concepts through testing, execution, validation and adoption.
• You will perform build vs. buy evaluations for key integrations, ensuring we are investing prudently in core competencies and technologies and partnering where more appropriate.
• You will collaborate with product managers across Hearst Magazine Media's content, creation, data, commerce, and monetization verticals, in order to integrate the Performance Marketing tools effectively across our full technology stack.
Who you are:
• 3-5+ years in digital product management, with experience managing and/or building consumer-facing products within enterprise-grade technology platforms.
• Experience with paid marketing tools, ideally across SEM, social, and content marketing, e.g. Facebook Ads, Snap Ads, Bing, AdWords, Taboola, Outbrain, etc.
• Familiarity with digital media and publishing technology, including content management systems, web-based front-ends, web and marketing analytics data, programmatic advertising, affiliate commerce, and A/B or multivariate testing tools.
• Comfort working with distributed teams across multiple time zones.
• Proven track record of full responsibility through the product life cycle in a fast-paced, Agile environment. Has shipped highly successful products.
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deliverables and projects at once, sticking to deadlines.
• Extensive cross-functional and stakeholder exposure and management.
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required. An MBA or advanced degree is a plus.
• Leadership. Takes responsibility from inception to outcomes. Determines needs, aligns priorities, delivers to market, measures outcomes, and seeks to build upon success.
• Customer focused. Deeply understands the market and unmet needs. Loves to create and deliver outstanding products that delight customers and is passionate for constant innovation.
• Highly collaborative. Builds trust and strong relationships at all levels, influences without formal authority, pushes back when appropriate, earns respect, and respects the contributions of others.
• Excellent communicator. Articulates the product strategy and roadmap, structures the problem at hand, experienced and comfortable gaining alignment and in presenting to senior executives.
• Strategic thinker. Understands business goals and converts them into clear product plans, follows through with execution.
• Results orientated. Uses hard data to assess opportunities, metrics driven, masterful in prioritization, overcomes obstacles to drive business outcomes.
• Motivates others with enthusiasm and passion. Takes initiative, sets context, listens and finds compromises, drives for clarity, hard-working, self-accountable.
• Understands technology and keeps current with the latest trends. Works with implementation teams to adapt to technical constraints without compromising end-user solutions.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and challenge. Thrives in a fast-paced environment, concurrently manages multiple initiatives, remains optimistic.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy717m-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.