Product Manager, Data
New York, NY
We are seeking an exceptional Product Manager to participate on a team focused on the publisher ad technology stack for Hearst Media. You will work closely across stakeholders including the Revenue Operations, Engineering and Sales teams - focused on developing innovative ad solutions that perform, scale, and elegantly solve for a diverse set of business cases. You will balance the needs of a vast automotive ad network, direct publisher ad sales and global programmatic ad executions. You will leverage the scale and resources of a successful, well-known business combined with the nimbleness and forward-looking feel of a startup.
Ideal candidates possess big-picture vision yet the drive and attention to detail to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with customers and evangelizing their needs. You balance strategic thinking with outstanding execution – holding yourself and your team accountable to delivering successful outcomes. You enjoy solving complex business problems at the core of the digital transformation of a world-leading media company. You are creative and capable of formulating bold product strategies. You have the aptitude to identify automation opportunities, construct means to validate your ideas and can clearly articulate concepts to your team and stakeholders alike. You are a highly functioning self-starter who is seeking to create tools that disrupt the way ad operations has historically been handled.
What You'll Do
• Drive product execution on a team dedicated to building consumer facing ad experiences that deliver on brand goals.
• Analyze, determine and prioritize target customer, end-user, and internal stakeholder needs.
• Develop strategies and execute plans to enable long-vision ad revenue growth that supports a sophisticated business casebook with flexible but simple technology frameworks.
• Own overall metrics: ad revenue and loyal users.
• Ensure native and impactful user experiences that serve brand relationships.
• Ensure optimized performance front end ad experiences, coordinating closely with engineering.
• Define and communicate a portion of the product roadmap aligned with company objectives, and supported by business cases, market research, customer data and competitive analysis.
• Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to build ad offerings that scale for a diverse set of owned and operated and affiliate publishers.
• Ensure appropriate ad performance and consumer research and rapid prototyping. Ensure a valuable, engaging and enjoyable end-user experience.
• Document, validate and prioritize product specifications within an Agile/SCRUM development environment.
• Lead build vs. buy evaluations for key integrations ensuring we are investing prudently in core competencies and technologies and partnering where more appropriate.
Who You Are
• You have 3-5 years of experience with product, ideally in the ad product and/or ad technology space.
• Leadership. You take responsibility from inception to outcomes. You determine needs, align priorities, deliver to market, measure outcomes, and seek to build upon success.
• Revenue focused. You deeply understand the market and unmet needs. You love to create and deliver outstanding solutions that grow revenue optimization.
• Highly collaborative. You build trust and strong relationships at all levels, influence without formal authority, push back when appropriate, earn respect, and respect the contributions of others.
• An excellent communicator. You articulate the product strategy and roadmap, structure the problem at hand, and are comfortable gaining alignment and presenting to senior executives.
• A strategic thinker. You understand the ad operations technical stack abd the user flow for multiple revenue streams. You identify efficiency opportunities and convert them into clear product features and follow through with execution.
• Analytic and results orientated. You use hard data to assess opportunities, are metrics driven, ruthless in prioritization, and adept at overcoming obstacles to solutions.
• Driven and motivates others. You take initiative, set context, listen and find compromises. You drive for clarity, are relentless, hard-working and self-accountable.
• Understands ad technology and keeps current with the latest trends. You work with implementation teams to adapt to technical constraints without compromising end-user solutions.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and challenge. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, concurrently managing multiple initiatives, and always remain optimistic.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.